Worried about 2 British travellers in Cambodia - advice needed

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Worried about 2 British travellers in Cambodia - advice needed

Post by Freightdog »

I half expect them to stil have their pouts, to be frank. From the beginning of the thread they appeared to be completely detached from reality.

I would hope they get to enjoy some funded accommodation here in Cambodia. Supposedly, it costs in excess of £110 per day to keep a prisoner locked up in the UK. That amount of money might go a fairly long way in Cambodia.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

grumpygit wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:23 am Last chance to tag team a mum n daughter guys.. just lock your valuables away first.
From the photos, it might be difficult to distinguish which is which, now that both look so rough. (They didn’t start out well, as it is)

So, age old question. Would you?
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:34 am
grumpygit wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:23 am Last chance to tag team a mum n daughter guys.. just lock your valuables away first.
From the photos, it might be difficult to distinguish which is which, now that both look so rough. (They didn’t start out well, as it is)

Sure I would
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Private Nuts wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:52 am Crikey, I think I walked past the younger one on the street about a month ago and regretted not stopping to say hi, because I met them through a friend (who now seems to have a very low opinion of them) and I'd matched with her on tinder. So I was like, oh I should have said "hey, aren't you so and so's friend", because she's pretty stunning, more than stunning, she looks like a fashion model when she doesn't have dreads. But, unfortunately I've only ever heard bad things about them. They seemed nice when I met them but the whole Yahweh mysticism thing was a bit too intense for me. But to each their own. They were nice to me when I met them, so I won't judge them on the bad gossip, so wish them luck, but you have to keep those visas up to date, you can't run forever and who would want that stress on their shoulders everyday anyway. Not a nice feeling to wake up with each morning.
I don't see anything attractive there, but maybe I've been in asia too long, and I actually look at what type of person they seem to be. That's embarrassing.

If anyone thinks they're hot, look at the young one in the photo, then remember that I told you "that's a man." Not so much?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

They have been bludging off the sister/aunt since late 2020 and possibly ripping off drunk foreigners and well meaning do-gooders as well.
Will they get caught? Yes I'm sure that sooner or later they will be found and the competent authorities will be queuing up for the arrest photos, although they both looked as rough as a drovers dog in the original photos so dare say they have gone even more feral that won't worry the local plods too much. Pouts in place and cops smiling like they've won the lottery which should make for a nice photo on the station wall.
So @Freightdog that is a very big no from me even after a bottle of Bundy rum.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:32 am I half expect them to stil have their pouts, to be frank. From the beginning of the thread they appeared to be completely detached from reality.

I would hope they get to enjoy some funded accommodation here in Cambodia. Supposedly, it costs in excess of £110 per day to keep a prisoner locked up in the UK. That amount of money might go a fairly long way in Cambodia.
It’s an awful situation. I don’t think I can sit by and do nothing. They need help.
I am going to start a GoFundMe

Let’s help the competent authorities keep them locked up. Cambodia’s legal system shouldn’t have to cop the bill. Let’s see if we can get enough to cover the daily costs for a couple of years.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

In answering that question I have just found an added respect for hookers, and realise why almost all heterosexual transactions involve a male customer: Fillies don't have to get aroused for cucumber rumba.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:58 am

In answering that question I have just found an added respect for hookers, and realise why almost all heterosexual transactions involve a male customer: Fillies don't have to get aroused for cucumber rumba.
What kind of heterosexual "transactions" don't involved a male?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:05 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:58 am

What kind of heterosexual "transactions" don't involved a male?
Playboy mag and a cubicle?
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic