Cloudy, with a chance of Snakes

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Cloudy, with a chance of Snakes

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:16 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:38 pm I was just watching a mid-west hobby preacher live streaming from his garage (true story)
People have their beliefs, right or wrong it is of no concern to you or I, you have your wildlife environment, l have.....

Lotus flower meaning...
....and the Lotus flower meaning is associated with that of love and compassion.
Thanks Andy, i understand your point.
It is alway good to have a reminder to practice respect in serious sensitive matters.
and to keep trying to refine the bounds. sincerely.

If i may explain a little more.
I saw your post, and on a whim i Youtube googled "snake" "lotus flower"
- i was actually shooting for a 'snake in lotus pond' clip to post.
But you know how things turn out, occasionally an unexpected little gem pops up out of the detritus.

That's how i was led to my new second-best friend, the mid-west hobby preacher
He was not actually live streaming, but it did look like his garage.
AND the whole subject of his 30 min discourse was on this very topic.

Nice guy, you could tell pretty quick. and sane. Clear face, calm, no heat and drama.
just talking about last night's "flash vision" of the snake approaching the lotus flower - and the meaning of that.

Sure, i was having a bit of fun, but i did not mean to be disrespectful.
I actually cut out a couple of my more smartarse phrases.
I really thought it was a charming little scene i had stumbled across out there in the Ether-world
- and worth sharing that glimpse. But yeah, i do know what you're saying.

Big thanks also, AKK-47, for those explanations of the place the Lotus flower holds in Buddhist wisdom.
Another precious little gem pops up out of the Ether-world.
'great lens you got.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cloudy, with a chance of Snakes

Post by AndyKK »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:48 am
AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:16 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:38 pm I was just watching a mid-west hobby preacher live streaming from his garage (true story)
People have their beliefs, right or wrong it is of no concern to you or I, you have your wildlife environment, l have.....

Lotus flower meaning...
....and the Lotus flower meaning is associated with that of love and compassion.
Thanks Andy, i understand your point.
It is alway good to have a reminder to practice respect in serious sensitive matters.
and to keep trying to refine the bounds. sincerely.

If i may explain a little more.
I saw your post, and on a whim i Youtube googled "snake" "lotus flower"
- i was actually shooting for a 'snake in lotus pond' clip to post.
But you know how things turn out, occasionally an unexpected little gem pops up out of the detritus.

That's how i was led to my new second-best friend, the mid-west hobby preacher
He was not actually live streaming, but it did look like his garage.
AND the whole subject of his 30 min discourse was on this very topic.

Nice guy, you could tell pretty quick. and sane. Clear face, calm, no heat and drama.
just talking about last night's "flash vision" of the snake approaching the lotus flower - and the meaning of that.

Sure, i was having a bit of fun, but i did not mean to be disrespectful.
I actually cut out a couple of my more smartarse phrases.
I really thought it was a charming little scene i had stumbled across out there in the Ether-world
- and worth sharing that glimpse. But yeah, i do know what you're saying.

Big thanks also, AKK-47, for those explanations of the place the Lotus flower holds in Buddhist wisdom.
Another precious little gem pops up out of the Ether-world.
'great lens you got.

Buddhist drawing
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic