A good laugh at the news today

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A good laugh at the news today

Post by John Bingham »

lagrange wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:39 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm
lagrange wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:14 pm Iceland? Really? Who the f*** wants to go to Iceland?
It's beautiful and the women are very friendly. 8-)
I guess all I know about Icelandic women is the singer Bjork. Well I say singer, I saw her act once at a Big Day Out, lots of weird costumes and some sort of tuneless droning and wailing. Maybe thats what passes for music there? I hope not. Anyway, long way to go to get chilled.

I don't think she is at all typical.

https://livescandinavia.com/icelandic-women/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Iceland also make some great alternative independent movies. One example that I came across by chance and liked:
It has subtitles, but language is a mix of English and Icelandais from what I remember. Great scenery and funny.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:35 pm If you're interested in Belarus, read this:
https://app.hedgeye.com/insights/89031- ... t-insights

Not particularly similar to anywhere in SE Asia in my opinion.
Well then I guess you are not one for the finer points. You don't see any parallels at all?
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

Didn't anybody of you get the point at all? My International Movers, a 'world-famous organization' known for in-depth statistics publishes some data based on what? And the MoT quotes a freight forwarder?
But you all jump in comparing those quoted countries. Nice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic