No interviews until end of year at the US Embassy

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

No interviews until end of year at the US Embassy

Post by newkidontheblock »

In Asinine, since it not officially announced at the US Embassy. But hear second hand from a few others waiting for their visa interviews.

Supposedly, the US embassy will have visa interviews starting at the end of the year. Supposedly, most of the consular work is done by Khmer. They work a little bit on a case, then close it and then go home. Then resume a couple of days later to work a little bit and rinse and repeat.

The good news. Supposedly once an interview date is posted, a Khmer lawyer lady guides applicanys through the process. That is whenever she is actually available.

Of course the embassy will never announce they are putting all the applications on the slow boat.

I hope it’s not true.

<long string of curse words>
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: No interviews until end of year at the US Embassy

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 am In Asinine, since it not officially announced at the US Embassy. But hear second hand from a few others waiting for their visa interviews.

Supposedly, the US embassy will have visa interviews starting at the end of the year. Supposedly, most of the consular work is done by Khmer. They work a little bit on a case, then close it and then go home. Then resume a couple of days later to work a little bit and rinse and repeat.

The good news. Supposedly once an interview date is posted, a Khmer lawyer lady guides applicanys through the process. That is whenever she is actually available.

Of course the embassy will never announce they are putting all the applications on the slow boat.

I hope it’s not true.

The agency that runs the U.S. legal immigration system said Tuesday it will no longer need to furlough 70 percent of its workforce, after warning for months that 13,000 of its employees would be sent home if lawmakers didn’t provide a $1.2 billion emergency bailout.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is funded via the fees it collects from immigrants seeking green cards, citizenship and other benefits, but a drop in revenue as a result of the coronavirus pandemic had left the agency facing a budget shortfall. Several of the agency’s service centers have temporarily closed to the public or scaled down their operations during the outbreak.

Senior officials at the agency asked Congress for an emergency loan they said they would need to prevent mass furloughs and an even sharper slowdown in the agency’s processing capacity.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigrat ... story.html

The Trump administration has slowed the processing of immigration benefit applications to a crawl, causing needless harm to immigrants, their families, and their employers. Under President Trump, the backlog of applications at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) doubled in the span of only one year.

A recent analysis of USCIS data by the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) refers to these “crisis-level delays” as “bricks in the Trump administration’s ‘invisible wall’ curbing legal immigration in the United States.”

The numbers bear this out. According to AILA’s analysis, the average case processing time for all application types has increased 46 percent since Fiscal Year (FY) 2016—the last full fiscal year of the Obama administration. These escalating delays have occurred even when the number of new applications has fallen. For instance, from FY 2017 to 2018, processing times increased by 19 percent even though receipts of new applications declined 17 percent. So the delays cannot be plausibly blamed on rising workload.
https://immigrationimpact.com/2019/02/0 ... 2Gq-xAzbIU

Unless the Khmers doing the consular work voted for Trump, it is not their fault the process has been slowed. This slowdown is the result of "Trump administration’s ‘invisible wall’ curbing legal immigration in the United States".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm
Unless the Khmers doing the consular work voted for Trump, it is not their fault the process has been slowed. This slowdown is the result of "Trump administration’s ‘invisible wall’ curbing legal immigration in the United States".
Insulting NKOTB's religion is not going to go down well. It's those lazy Khmers who obviously have their US bosses wrapped around their fingers and can turn up whenever they like and do as little work as possible.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

Rather then speculate, why not call the embassy and ask. If you have an open case that has been forwarded from USCIS in the states to the PP embassy, then you can call and ask specifically about your interview.

As for the rest, if the number of applications have fallen and processing times have increased - that is on the bureaucrats. And I'm just shocked to hear them threaten that if they don't get more money that everything could collapse. Perhaps we should cut their pay by 33% and tell them that when they start hitting certain processing time metrics they will see increased pay - I suspect we'd soon clear out most of the backlogs that exist.

I just took two minutes on the US embassy web page and found a schedule for fiance visa interviews. They are listed by case number and its updated as of Sept 14th. Interviews during September and October.

https://kh.usembassy.gov/wp-content/upl ... p-2020.pdf
RandyN
BANNED

Post by RandyN »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 am
I have never heard of a Khmer lawyer lady who guides applicants through the process.

Has your partner filed for a spouse visa or fiancee visa and where is she in the process? Has her case been approved stateside and forwarded to the embassy and now she's waiting for them to schedule an interview to get the visa?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

RandyN wrote:Has your partner filed for a spouse visa or fiancee visa and where is she in the process? Has her case been approved stateside and forwarded to the embassy and now she's waiting for them to schedule an interview to get the visa?
Process is at NVC. All documents accepted. Waiting for interview message. Priority date of 2019.

TWY. Thanks for the list. Hmm... looking through.
Case numbers starting at 2018 and ending at 2020. So far so good. Are they that backlogged? List of ends at 2020500s?

My case number is in the 2020600s.

pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

Does the US Embasy use the same paper work processors as the Aussie Embasy, located in Phnom Penh Tower? When enquiring a couple of years back about the “slowness “ of my wife’s application I was encouraged to supply the right amount of lubrication to find the fast lane. I was gobsmacked,shut my mouth, and the rest is history
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic