Thief Steals Dead Man's Motorbike After Hit and Run

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Thief Steals Dead Man's Motorbike After Hit and Run

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: At 12:40 AM on Sunday, September 13, 2020, a man, while riding a motorbike on the road, was hit by an unknown car and dragged several meters behind, at the southern point of Chbar Ampov Bridge, about 200 meters along Street 369 in Sangkat Chbar Ampov I, Khan Chbar Ampov, Phnom Penh.

The victim, Keo Puth, male, 39 years old, Khmer, was seen riding a motorcycle, traveling along Street 369 from south to north in order to visit relatives when a car crashed into him. The car then drove off, trying to get away, dragging the man along the road. The car drove off, leaving the motorcyclist dead at the scene, and suddenly someone took the opportunity to steal his motorcycle and take it away.

After the incident, the police arrived at the scene to make a report, and then handed over the body to relatives to take to the traditional ceremony at Wat Russey Sros.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thief Steals Dead Man's Motorbike After Hit and Run

Post by AndyKK »

RIP. What a sad going on. Hit and run is seen to be the normal procedure here, and that mostly goes by the title, because if the involved, usually the one of the cause of the accident, if can't drive or ride away will run. I personally can't understand a person who would do this, or a law that would let them do so.
The person driving the car in this case knowing what he/she had done, carried on regardless, the person who was dragged on with the car may have lived if the car driver had faced the responsibility and stopped to help the Moto rider whom they collided with.
It's talked about often about driving and riding in this country, it is dangerous I agree, new laws recently have probably reduced some potential accidents from happening, but when you see the vehicles "now" on the roads, the many in charge of them have little regards for the law or any other traffic user, and why should they, due to having no reason or regard for themselves.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I was hit and seriously hurt in a moto accident.
1) Phone was stolen at the scene and the guy started calling every female in my phone pretending he brought me to hospital and paid something out of pocket. He asked them to meet at his hotel, nobody fell for it
2) Cops syphoned out all petrol of my moto while they had it in their possession
3) Cop was waiting in hospital for me when I woke up and told me I was in big trouble and to call him personally before handing me a note with his number, trying to set me up for the take later. (I was on the news so found out I was hit by a speeding thief being chased)

Shitheads like the one in the OP that see someone hurt or dieing and think about how they can profit from it.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Damn GMJS, thats horrible, what a load of low life bastards.

Wish someone had met that prick at hospital & smashed his empty skull.

Hope you never experience anything like this again.
DingDong
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DingDong »

:plus1:
Why we hate this country
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

DingDong wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:15 pm :plus1:
Why we hate this country
I get the gist of your sentiment on a topic like this but at the same time, suggest you speak for yourself coz this is the 3rd post you've made today that you hate this country. Not at all condoning the subjects of these particular topics but you're drawing a very long bow when you use the 'royal we' and extend the topic way further than it needs to go. Sure, there's bad shit that goes on in KOW but there are a lot of positives too...if one can see it.

Anyway, come to think of it, if you feel that way, why complain about it and not move on?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

This whole sad story definitely encompasses many of the negative aspects of Cambodian society into one situation. Jesus...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:07 pm
Why we hate this country
I get the gist of your sentiment on a topic like this but at the same time, suggest you speak for yourself coz this is the 3rd post you've made today that you hate this country. Not at all condoning the subjects of these particular topics but you're drawing a very long bow when you use the 'royal we' and extend the topic way further than it needs to go. Sure, there's bad shit that goes on in KOW but there are a lot of positives too...if one can see it.

Anyway, come to think of it, if you feel that way, why complain about it and not move on?
Elaborate on your positives please.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

You two trolls are like a broken record. The positives are numerous and obvious to anyone who lives here, this case just manages to highlight some of the more extreme negatives in a very obvious way.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Why we hate this country
Just like any place, there are things to love and other things to hate. Despite that bad experience I had countless positive experiences and can say I love that country and the people, excluding a few cunts here and there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic