Extinction: The Facts

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Extinction: The Facts

Post by phuketrichard »

Premiers tonight on BBC one
LONDON: Renowned TV naturalist David Attenborough, in a new documentary, gives his starkest warning yet for humanity to safeguard species from mass extinction for the sake of our own survival.

His one-hour film Extinction: The Facts, airing on Sunday on the BBC in Britain, does not hold back in portraying the devastating consequences of mankind’s encroachment on natural habitats — and draws a clear link to pandemics such as the coronavirus crisis.

"We are facing a crisis", he warns at the start, "and one that has consequences for us all."
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Extinction: The Facts

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:59 am Premiers tonight on BBC one
LONDON: Renowned TV naturalist David Attenborough, in a new documentary, gives his starkest warning yet for humanity to safeguard species from mass extinction for the sake of our own survival.

His one-hour film Extinction: The Facts, airing on Sunday on the BBC in Britain, does not hold back in portraying the devastating consequences of mankind’s encroachment on natural habitats — and draws a clear link to pandemics such as the coronavirus crisis.

"We are facing a crisis", he warns at the start, "and one that has consequences for us all."
My VPN (express) no longer works with BBC IPlayer. Hopefully someone will post it on Pirate Bay by tomorrow
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I take it you have tried all the servers, East London, Docklands, London etc
MacShroom
Tourist
Uruguay

Post by MacShroom »

Is there any footage in this program about the millions of species that went extinct prior to mankind's existence on the planet?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

MacShroom wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:56 pm Is there any footage in this program about the millions of species that went extinct prior to mankind's existence on the planet?
You mean footage of the ones that naturally went extinct? No. In fact, the biggest mystery of the dinosaur extinction isn't how it happened, it's why none of them bothered to film such a mementos occasion. Then again, I don't think they had Facebook back in them days.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i'll bet there many many species that went extinct we dont know about cause their bones have yet tobe found..
BBC One viewers left 'terrified' by Sir David Attenborough's new documentary Extinction: The Facts
he hour-long programme, which aired tonight (September 13), saw the legendary natural historian and fellow experts investigate the devastating effects of climate change and habitat loss on wildlife and plant life, and how it's also impacting humanity and the planet.

Disturbing scenes saw Attenborough detail how a million different species are at risk of extinction due to the biodiversity crisis, which is also putting us at greater risk of pandemic diseases like COVID-19.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
side
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by side »

MacShroom wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:56 pm Is there any footage in this program about the millions of species that went extinct prior to mankind's existence on the planet?
Preamble, I take your statement that you meant to sound factious. If you are NOT being facetious, then you might be living under a rock because:

Firstly, there's loads of footage on such extinction events, whether survival-of-the-fittest driven or catastrophic-natural-event driven

Secondly, obviously this TV show is not about those events, it's about current day cause and effect and human impact. A well respected presenter is drawing attention to our impact and how we might suffer. Your point is a bit straw man.

So, if you're not just being flippant, or diversionary, with your statement, what are you saying?
Me, not that other crap.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaveG wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:12 pm I take it you have tried all the servers, East London, Docklands, London etc
Yeah, tried them all. Maybe I need an update. To be honest the last time I watched the BBC when I was back, I was shocked at how PC and woke it is.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Thanks PR, I am downloading it from Pirate Bay at the moment but I will keep LimeTorrents for the future. Is it better that Pirate Bay?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic