Any Updates? VOA

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Any Updates? VOA

Post by Alex »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:12 pm
Anty wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:04 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:02 pm

So if this is so, any of you all out there that have a friend that has a registered company an wants to help some of us Barangs that only want get back into Cambodia BUT dont work....and will be going for the ER :popcorn:
:bow: Yes please.
:facepalm: I don't think you had to spell this out on open forum :director: Big mouths and big ears and all that.
(Not you Anty, the other poster.)
I'm not sure that's such a big deal. I had kind of assumed that you could also just contact an agent to help you with an invitation letter if need be. People need to eat.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Alex wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:08 pm

So if this is so, any of you all out there that have a friend that has a registered company an wants to help some of us Barangs that only want get back into Cambodia BUT dont work....and will be going for the ER :popcorn:
:facepalm: I don't think you had to spell this out on open forum :director: Big mouths and big ears and all that.
I'm not sure that's such a big deal. I had kind of assumed that you could also just contact an agent to help you with an invitation letter if need be. People need to eat.
im sure ive heard of countries that issue visas based on a resident/business sponsoring them? ive been offered sponsorship before in Australia etc.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:38 pm
Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:25 am Are Cambodian embassies abroad processing visa applications?
The London Embassy has a very helpful consular guy. Anyone in the UK ready to make an application can PM me and I will let you have his name and mobile number, the Embassy are not very good at answering their phones.
can you PM me your contact please mate :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Alex wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:08 pm

You're probably right, Alex, but I read something on one of the expat FB pages about agencies in Kampot that used to provide EB letters, but are not doing that anymore, since 24 August if I remember. I think it was to do with converting tourist visas to EB visas for foreigners who want to stay on in Cambodia, so they would get a letter organised by the agency in order to change an EI to an EB, and this was accepted for a while, but that's no longer the case. This is what people were doing instead of a border run since the land borders have closed.

This is something I read on FB, so take it with a grain of salt. But if so, it could be that the rules on employment letters for EBs have been tightened recently for everyone. Or not.
This is only hearsay, I really don't know for sure, and may not apply for EB applicants outside Cambodia. Hopefully, the demands will lighten up and not tighten up.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:im sure ive heard of countries that issue visas based on a resident/business sponsoring them? ive been offered sponsorship before in Australia etc.
Every country has them, even the US. But the requirements are high. Person being sponsored must have a skill that’s can’t be reasonably found in the country, internationally recognized skills, etc. Cambodia may not have these requirements.

Maybe the skills of Aussie brawlers are so below yours Jamie, that they needed a master to show them how to box?

Just kidding, sorry for the distraction.
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

ZDog wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:39 pm Thanks.

Any cops available to get me in for a $1000 tip?

Will have covid test and insurance.

If you guys are monitoring.......
You must really dislike living in your country if you’re offering that kind of bounty for the getting-in part alone, not including long term stay privileges.
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:25 am Are Cambodian embassies abroad processing visa applications?
Yes It was very straight forward and very Helpful staff.. HCM i did it in 10 min
after meeting all requirements. that took 1 day before..
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

I had an offer from an agent in PP to give me an invitation letter (offer of employment) for $350. Decided to wait a while until things cool down. If you PM me I will pass on the contact details.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

lagrange wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:27 am

I had an offer from an agent in PP to give me an invitation letter (offer of employment) for $350. Decided to wait a while until things cool down. If you PM me I will pass on the contact details.
An Invitation Letter costs absolutely nothing for a business owner to produce or provide, all these agencies and Turkish wannabe real estate agents offering invitation letters/offers of employment for $350-400 are nothing but scammers!
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:44 am
lagrange wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:27 am

An Invitation Letter costs absolutely nothing for a business owner to produce or provide, all these agencies and Turkish wannabe real estate agents offering invitation letters/offers of employment for $350-400 are nothing but scammers!
Yes, absolutely correct. However....if someone just wants to get a visa to enter and then apply for an ER extension, why would a KH business give them an invitation letter? And do it for free? If you know any businesses that will jump through the hoops for a complete stranger without any benefit to them, just so the stranger can get into the country, let me know. And really for someone who plans to retire permanently in KOW, $350 is probably not a big deal. It's not a scam as such, it's a fee for providing a 'semi legal/grey area ' service.
And yes I know the Turkish guy, and yes, stay well away from him, there are locals who have better track record.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic