Any Updates? VOA

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Any Updates? VOA

Post by hanno »

whatwat wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:43 pm
hanno wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:57 pm Vietnam might start flights to Cambodia as soon as this month; how will that work if there are no visas?
Some people have existing visas, some are Cambodians.
They are not going to fill flights with that.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

hanno wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:55 pm
whatwat wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:43 pm
hanno wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:57 pm Vietnam might start flights to Cambodia as soon as this month; how will that work if there are no visas?
Some people have existing visas, some are Cambodians.
They are not going to fill flights with that.
I don’t think they intend to. They won’t be full for some time.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Doesn't Cambodia's embassy in Hanoi issue visas? If not right now it would obviously make sense to resume that when flights resume. Doesn't have anything to do with VoA issuance as per this thread though.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

E Visa are available under Section IV of the Aug. 4 regulations.

However, there is an additional requirement now. A letter of invitation. The inviting company needs to register the invitation with the authorities. Took 20 min in my case. I was responsible for insurance and deposit.

On arrival, people who enter with invitations where the inviting company takes care of insurance and deposit are fished out of the crowd before the first check.

Visa application:
At the embassy they will tell you to give a departure date within 30 days even when you stay longer. If you have booked one way, just enter airline in the departure details (on the application form).
ZDog
Tourist
Ghana

Post by ZDog »

USA Cambodian embassy won't answer their phone or allow for leaving voice mails. There is no way to communicate other than driving hours to it and hoping.

I would need an employment contract or letter of invitation to even apply anyway which I don't have.

Without schools being open, even if I could get into the country, I doubt I could find work.

Still not processing passports also here. I am stuck.
Prisoner.
I'm a terrible prisoner too.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Have you tried emailing the Cambodian Embassy in the US?

I got an email reply back from them in a few days.

Good luck!

As of this point, no visa on arrivals. If a company isn’t issuing an invitation letter, or some other qualification for the embassy to issue a visa, no chance on getting in.

And yes, there are the special exceptions.

But most on CEO do not fit into an exception.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

In my case, an embassy replied within 1 work day and was always helpful when I had follow up question.

The invitation letter needs to come from a registered company that is paying taxes and the owner has to submit the invitation together with his passport details.

In my case my work was literally "visit". There was no refusal of the letter and it was accepted within 20 minutes by the authorities in Phnom Penh. The embassy had no problem with it as well. They asked me for my work. I had indicated that I would be going for an ER extension. They still needed to have it for the application form. So I filled it out and it has zero relevance for Cambodia. Again, no problem. It all took 40 minutes from walking into the consular section, filling it out, clarifying the left empty parts of the application. No return ticket needed.

As long as you can get some sort of an invitation it is a very easy process and the Cambodian officials are a world apart from those Thai officials. Applying for a Thai visa in Manila was like facing a public prosecutor. You had to prove your innocence.

I should add that I went to the embassy as mail was not an option in my case.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Pizzalover wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:33 pm In my case, an embassy replied within 1 work day and was always helpful when I had follow up question.

The invitation letter needs to come from a registered company that is paying taxes and the owner has to submit the invitation together with his passport details.

In my case my work was literally "visit". There was no refusal of the letter and it was accepted within 20 minutes by the authorities in Phnom Penh. The embassy had no problem with it as well. They asked me for my work. I had indicated that I would be going for an ER extension. They still needed to have it for the application form. So I filled it out and it has zero relevance for Cambodia. Again, no problem. It all took 40 minutes from walking into the consular section, filling it out, clarifying the left empty parts of the application. No return ticket needed.

As long as you can get some sort of an invitation it is a very easy process and the Cambodian officials are a world apart from those Thai officials. Applying for a Thai visa in Manila was like facing a public prosecutor. You had to prove your innocence.

I should add that I went to the embassy as mail was not an option in my case.
Excuse me for questions BUT....
you got an invitation letter from Whom , ( an owner that has a registered company), that would vouch for you?
to "visit" so you could than extend to an ER extension?

very cool;

So if this is so, any of you all out there that have a friend that has a registered company an wants to help some of us Barangs that only want get back into Cambodia BUT dont work....and will be going for the ER :popcorn:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anty
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anty »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:02 pm

So if this is so, any of you all out there that have a friend that has a registered company an wants to help some of us Barangs that only want get back into Cambodia BUT dont work....and will be going for the ER :popcorn:
:bow: Yes please.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Anty wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:04 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:02 pm

:bow: Yes please.
:facepalm: I don't think you had to spell this out on open forum :director: Big mouths and big ears and all that.
(Not you Anty, the other poster.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic