Swedish Man Attacked with Bottle, Allegedly for US Gang Crime

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Siem Reap): On September 3, 2020, at 10:40 am, a 60-year-old Swedish man, ALA OSMO TAPANI, was attacked by a man with a bottle of beer at Khmer Time restaurant in Steung Thmei village, Sangkat Svay Dong Kom, Siem Reap. The victim was injured on the head.

After being informed of the attack on the foreigner, lieutenant Chea Kimsan, the deputy director of the immigration department, led his forces to arrest Lim Pallay, 35 years old, at 12:30 pm, at his house in Sangkat Svay Dong Kom, Siem Reap.

The suspect claims that the Swedish man was a member of a gang who killed his auntie and uncle in the USA. The suspect was detained at the department of investigation and procedure for case preparation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

Gotta be one helluva story behind this. Anyone know this Swede aka ala osmo tapani?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Swedish Man Attacked with Bottle, Allegedly for US Gang Crime

Post by Tommie »

Ala osmo tapani does not sound like your typical scandinavian name. There must be much more to this story.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Tommie wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:11 pm Ala osmo tapani does not sound like your typical scandinavian name. There must be much more to this story.
It’s very typical Scandinavian actually. What are you talking about?
Province
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by Province »

theKid wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:14 pm
Tommie wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:11 pm Ala osmo tapani does not sound like your typical scandinavian name. There must be much more to this story.
It’s very typical Scandinavian actually. What are you talking about?
Its very Finnish name,lots of finns live in sweden also.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Are Swedish and Finnish gangs common in the Khmer ghettos in the US?

Haven’t seen many Swedes in the videos out of Long Beach or Lowell.

Usually associate Swedes with hot supermodels who make more than I could dream about in multiple lifetimes.

Very interested in the rest of this story.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The rest of this story is possibly that the guy was out of his fucking mind and was so drunk and confused and upset by some perceived slight that he picked up some glasses and whacked some tourist.
When questioned he makes up some horseshit story like " ...he killed my brother last winter". I'm not sure the authorities will go for this but then nothing surprises me anymore.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:45 pm The rest of this story is possibly that the guy was out of his fucking mind and was so drunk and confused and upset by some perceived slight that he picked up some glasses and whacked some tourist.
When questioned he makes up some horseshit story like " ...he killed my brother last winter". I'm not sure the authorities will go for this but then nothing surprises me anymore.
Exactly my first thought.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic