Finding Tenants How ?

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Finding Tenants How ?

Post by armchairlawyer »

Strawberryshake wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:51 pm
True true rents are dropping and will continue to drop imho simply due to oversupply.
I just liked the idea of conveniently owning a property in PP or Snooky but if such property gonna stay empty then it just going to cost me money each month instead of generating. So The way i see it is i will only buy a unit in Cambodia if its with 50% under the actual value from a owner in stress and who wants out if not i buy something nice in Spain for lower prices btw.
I know someone who is paying PP rental of $7psm per month for what I consider absolutely top quality and top location. I think this is fantastic value. I doubt it will get cheaper than this (of course most condos are asking a lot more than this so you have to be selective).
He recently bought some nice land in the province for $0.6 psm.
That makes a nice mix of value.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:50 pm
Strawberryshake wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:51 pm
True true rents are dropping and will continue to drop imho simply due to oversupply.
I just liked the idea of conveniently owning a property in PP or Snooky but if such property gonna stay empty then it just going to cost me money each month instead of generating. So The way i see it is i will only buy a unit in Cambodia if its with 50% under the actual value from a owner in stress and who wants out if not i buy something nice in Spain for lower prices btw.
I know someone who is paying PP rental of $7psm per month for what I consider absolutely top quality and top location. I think this is fantastic value. I doubt it will get cheaper than this (of course most condos are asking a lot more than this so you have to be selective).
He recently bought some nice land in the province for $0.6 psm.
That makes a nice mix of value.

Hmm, land above ST across from Laos on the Mekong goes for apx $1/sq
our land in Svay Rieng was $.81/sqm
Land, (already filled in and with electric and water on property) with small house just brought in Kep was $56/sq

It all depends on where ya want to live... :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:05 pm Hmm, land above ST across from Laos on the Mekong goes for apx $1/sq
our land in Svay Rieng was $.81/sqm
Land, (already filled in and with electric and water on property) with small house just brought in Kep was $56/sq

It all depends on where ya want to live... :beer3:
I meant land as an investment, in this case nice land with no services now but good prospect of roads and electric being provided in a year or two.
$56 psm for land! Now you're talking retail prices! A lot of money has been made in recent years by investors buying large plots, dividing them into retail plots, getting a road and electric set up (and maybe water) and selling on at big mark-ups to retail buyers who then have to build the house!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic