Do you believe the Covid-19 vaccine approval process is driven by politics, not science?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Do you believe the Covid-19 vaccine approval process is driven by politics, not science?

Post by newkidontheblock »

Mortality rates are useless without the corresponding background information.

Was it a designated Covid Center? What level of equipment and staffing was available? What was the level of spread in the population at the time? Just for starters. Otherwise it’s just scare mongering, without understanding.

For example, Hospital where spread was low, population healthy, might have a low death rate, despite inadequate staffing and equipment.

A well funded Covid Center with a high percentage of transfers not expected to survive might have a high death rate.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Do you believe the Covid-19 vaccine approval process is driven by politics, not science?

Post by phuketrichard »

everyone seems to agree that testing is totally flawed,
it seems many tested show false positives, show that the virus is still in their systme after weeks of contacting it

I see zero reason why any goverment would lock down their country for purely political reasons or withhold a vaccine, it takes time....no one will jump on an vaccine that has not held at least 6 months of testing, it makes no sense to destroy ur economy just to stay in office or god forbid make money, ( yea yea, naive thinking..)

In America, Trump has already lost the battle cause of his wishy washy approach to the virus.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

phuketrichard wrote:In America, Trump has already lost the battle cause of his wishy washy approach to the virus.
Not to worry. Biden has already said he’d be more than willing to lock down America again in a heartbeat and keep it locked down until the ‘experts’ say it is time to unlock. And keep the economy going during lockdown time. And solve race relations. And make things safer without police.

Now which approach is better?

And yes, virus fragments remain long after the virus is infectious.

New CDC guidelines have come out reflecting this.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:08 am
phuketrichard wrote:In America, Trump has already lost the battle cause of his wishy washy approach to the virus.
Not to worry. Biden has already said he’d be more than willing to lock down America again in a heartbeat and keep it locked down until the ‘experts’ say it is time to unlock. And keep the economy going during lockdown time. And solve race relations. And make things safer without police.

Now which approach is better?

And yes, virus fragments remain long after the virus is infectious.

New CDC guidelines have come out reflecting this.
I am impressed you finally have switched sides and will vote for Biden.

According to IHME, by year's end the death toll in the United States will top 410,000 — second only to India's death total, which is projected to reach nearly 660,000, and well ahead of Brazil's projected 174,000 dead. Similarly, when it comes to deaths as a share of population, the U.S. is projected to rank eighth. (The top five in that group are the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Netherlands, Spain, Belgium and Peru.)
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... troversial

Trump’s Deficits Are Racing Past Obama’s
President Trump on the other hand was handed an economy that was growing. In 2017, his first year in office the deficit grew to $666 billion, was $984 billion last year and is projected to be over $1 trillion in 2020 at $1.02 trillion. This would be a 74% increase in just four years
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones ... a477794819

A majority of Americans say race relations in the United States are bad, and of those, about seven-in-ten say things are getting even worse. Roughly two-thirds say it has become more common for people to express racist or racially insensitive views since Donald Trump was elected, even if not necessarily more acceptable.
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2019/04 ... relations/

It doesn t take that much intelligence to see that deaths caused by government inaction, deficits ballooning during good economic times and race relations at new low are the hallmarks of the Trump administration.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Yoda voice: Sarcasm, I sense.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Big Daikon wrote:Yoda voice: Sarcasm, I sense.
Nah, it’s just a difference in beliefs.

He believes that Biden can put America in full lock down, while increasing jobs, while cutting government spending, to the point of eliminating the deficit.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:22 am
Big Daikon wrote:Yoda voice: Sarcasm, I sense.
Nah, it’s just a difference in beliefs.

He believes that Biden can put America in full lock down, while increasing jobs, while cutting government spending, to the point of eliminating the deficit.
I think a Biden presidency would see a reduction in the "largely peaceful" protests.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Big Daikon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:10 pm Yoda voice: Sarcasm, I sense.
I thought it was obvious too he was being sarcastic(Biden).
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

whatwat wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:49 am
Biden was being sarcastic?
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:08 am
whatwat wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:49 am
Biden was being sarcastic?
Maybe he’s got British heritage.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic