14Yo Girl Found Murdered in Porshenchey Rented Room

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: 14Yo Girl Found Murdered in Porshenchey Rented Room

Post by atst »

Tarndog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:32 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:07 pm
xandreu wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:11 pm
Tarndog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:54 pm 5 seconds, really, that's all I want with this guy. Give him to me and he will never hurt another person. Please, just 5 seconds, I'm begging!!
I can't help questioning how or why these perpetrators seem to confess so quickly. The only legitimate reason I can think of is that the evidence is simply overwhelming there's no way they could possibly deny it.

I suspect that's often not the case however. And if it isn't, it does lead to more questions than it answers.

RIP to the poor girl. Deep condolences to the family.

As for the confession, all the police needed to say tothe perp was that they would release him if he didn't confess. I'm sure that anything the child's father and friends would do to him would be much worse than jail. :evil:
Are you kidding?? The reason that kid is fucked up beyond imagination is BECAUSE his parents must be also for not having been strong enough during his child rearing, presuming the parents didn't give him to their parents to (ahem) 'raise' like most Khmer do.

I understand that as adults, we make our own decisions, and some might argue that his parents aren't in any way responsible for this incredibly young girl's death. But he may very well have still been living with his parents, again, as many Khmer
do, and still if not, at age 25, wasn't far removed from living with them.

Having said all this, the girl definitely deserves some blame here as well. Going to a rented room with a guy almost twice her young age, whether she knew she would be electrocuted and stabbed or not, she must have known that something against Khmer values was going to happen. But that's no excuse for his reprehensible behavior. Fucking an adolescent teen after he'd already electrocuted her and stabbed her to death!

I want this guy bad!
Are you pissed read the report slowly
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Tarndog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:32 pm Having said all this, the girl definitely deserves some blame here as well. Going to a rented room with a guy almost twice her young age, whether she knew she would be electrocuted and stabbed or not, she must have known that something against Khmer values was going to happen. But that's no excuse for his reprehensible behavior. Fucking an adolescent teen after he'd already electrocuted her and stabbed her to death!

I want this guy bad!
This type of attitude make me so fucking angry. It is simply despicable to attempt to flick even a speck of blame toward a naive 14 year old girl for her own murder.

I could not POSSIBLY care less what led up to her being alone in a room with a psychopath. She could have **deleted out of respect for the victim** for all I care.

The fact is that she ended up there for no other reason that she was brimming with adolescent naivety. As most 14 year old girls are. Are 14 year old girls not allowed to be innocent and naive?

The ONLY person to bear 100% of ALL responsibility for this tragic murder is the man who took advantage of her naivety, broke her trust, abused her innocence and went on to murder and rape her.

End of story. There is NOTHING else to discuss as far as I'm concerned.

Why some people insist on apportioning partial blame to the victims of crimes when the only thing they did wrong was be a little too trusting, is simply beyond me.

Would you come out with a comment like that if she was your daughter?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That has to be one of the most appalling comments I've read in a long time. The poster is well known for disparaging locals at any chance, but this is an all time low. No humanity.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:07 pm That has to be one of the most appalling comments I've read in a long time. The poster is well known for disparaging locals at any chance, but this is an all time low. No humanity.
I agree his comment was uncocionable. I was appalled by his comment.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

atst wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:02 pm
Tarndog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:54 pm 5 seconds, really, that's all I want with this guy. Give him to me and he will never hurt another person. Please, just 5 seconds, I'm begging!!
I can't help questioning how or why these perpetrators seem to confess so quickly. The only legitimate reason I can think of is that the evidence is simply overwhelming there's no way they could possibly deny it.

I suspect that's often not the case however. And if it isn't, it does lead to more questions than it answers.

As for the confession, all the police needed to say tothe perp was that they would release him if he didn't confess. I'm sure that anything the child's father and friends would do to him would be much worse than jail. :evil:
Are you kidding?? The reason that kid is fucked up beyond imagination is BECAUSE his parents must be also for not having been strong enough during his child rearing, presuming the parents didn't give him to their parents to (ahem) 'raise' like most Khmer do.

I understand that as adults, we make our own decisions, and some might argue that his parents aren't in any way responsible for this incredibly young girl's death. But he may very well have still been living with his parents, again, as many Khmer

Having said all this, the girl definitely deserves some blame here as well. Going to a rented room with a guy almost twice her young age, whether she knew she would be electrocuted and stabbed or not, she must have known that something against Khmer values was going to happen. But that's no excuse for his reprehensible behavior. Fucking an adolescent teen after he'd already electrocuted her and stabbed her to death!

I want this guy bad!
Are you pissed read the report slowly
Ahh, so THAT'S the trick, to read slowly! Haha, yeah ok my bad. I saw rented room, but obviously missed the rest. And of course in this case, then, the girl deserves NO blame.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

:dragonchase:
John Bingham wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:07 pm That has to be one of the most appalling comments I've read in a long time. The poster is well known for disparaging locals at any chance, but this is an all time low. No humanity.
Calm down JB and Xandreu. Take a pill. It was a mistake caused by reading too fast. Correction has been noted.
fred_stone
Tourist
United States of America

Post by fred_stone »

Tarndog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:51 pm :dragonchase:
Calm down JB and Xandreu. Take a pill. It was a mistake caused by reading too fast. Correction has been noted.
Well Tamdog we have all learned a little more about you and the way you think. Your reading skills aside you seem to blame the victim come first. And the end you said you would like to get ahold of the guy. Makes me wonder why. To beat the fuck out of him or the shake his hand. I can tell you since i have a daughter it would not be to shake his hand. And i can bet it would last hours for me and he would think it was years.
. No one. I repeat no one deserves to be raped. 14 years old or 100. No one deserves being killed except a murderer

Maybe i need to take a pill?
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

Post by chinesetakeaway »

I want this guy bad!
You clearly should seek help.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

From the Phnom Penh Post tonight, 21:58 ICT :
According to the suspect’s confession, before committing the rape and killing of the girl, he had drunk rice wine mixed with orange juice and ecstasy pills. When he was drunk and walked by the room, he saw the girl alone. He entered, raped her and then used a sharp knife to commit the murder, [police chief] Vibol said.

The suspect tested positive for drugs. Police are interrogating him and gathering additional evidence.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I nearly made the 1st reply on this thread last night, when I was going to say it will be a family member or neighbour, but held back, I know however it is fairly common

Poor girl & her devasted family

For anybody to actually say a 14 year old girl should accept some blame for her murder is frankly ridiculous, disgusting & sickening, and makes you wonder what else runs through their sick mind that they are afraid to mention ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic