Whiskey drinkers

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Whiskey drinkers

Post by atst »

Well this was my new favorite ( I like to take the wax shit off to make the bottle nicer imo)

until I tasted this today nowhere as sweet as the makers 46 just alot more smokey

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

atst how many types of whiskey have you sampled up to date? Out of those, have you got a rundown of the top 3?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:32 am atst how many types of whiskey have you sampled up to date? Out of those, have you got a rundown of the top 3?
12 these last two and Jamieson are the yummiest so far, the only one I'll not buy again is whiskey Alexander $1 and Laphroaig 10 years it was too strong woody smokey taste.

More research needed I'm just starting but these last two are very good. Gotta have a hobby in these covid times, well that's my excuse
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

I’m at a friends house. She has some bottles, pity I don’t drink whisky ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Nicolas wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:52 pm I’m at a friends house. She has some bottles, pity I don’t drink whisky ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There not for looking at there there for drinking but by the looks of them you would be lucky to taste one, they are only show ponies
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I'd be happy to come over and taste them but looking at the packaging display theses bottle would be expensive, I'd cry if I paid over $100 for a bottle and it wasn't yummy . $50 is my limit which is a lot for me being a whiskey Alexander drinker.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

There are some lovely whiskies in some of the bars. Mao's has a truly impressive selection of over 500. But I prefer smaller bars so I don't go there much.
My favourites (scotch only) of those that are widely available, in ascending order:
chivas regal 12y
johnny walker black
chivas 18y
glenlivet
glenmorangie
johnny walker gold
Talisker
glenfiddich 12y
dewars 12y
Macallan 12y
glenfiddich 15y
glenfiddich 18y

I like to take a small bottle of Kulen water into the bar as a mixer if I'm drinking the best ones.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

If your looking for a bargain liquor palace st 19 has this 2x1L bottles and a glass $15, seen it while walking past, good drink too
Only problem is they have that stupid plastic thingy to stop you pouring out to much , I end up dropping bits of plastic in the bottle trying dig the thing out.
Who was the rocket scientist who came up with that idea?

Last edited by atst on Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Made the mistake and brought this not to my taste at all
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

atst wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:31 pm If your looking for a bargain liquor palace st 19 has this 2x1L bottles and a glass $15, seen it while walking past, good drink too
Only problem is they have that stupid plastic thingy to stop you pouring out to much , I end up dropping bits of plastic in the bottle trying dig the thing out.
Who was the rocket scientist who came up with that idea?

The plastic stopper found on Scottish Whisky was intended for the export market to prevent empty bottles being refilled with counterfeit whisky and passed of as legit. My current favourite is Berry Bros & Rudd's Isla malt blend (used to be called a vatted malt).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic