56Yo British Backpacker ANDREW HODGES Says He's Trapped in Cambodia Due to 2018 Spiderbite Injury

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Re: 56Yo British Backpacker ANDREW HODGES Says He's Trapped in Cambodia Due to 2018 Spiderbite Injury

Post by Dunderhead »

I could try and get his contact details as I can probably find him in a day or two, I will let him know about this thread.
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 56Yo British Backpacker ANDREW HODGES Says He's Trapped in Cambodia Due to 2018 Spiderbite Injury

Post by jjy »

Thank you! Just a FB contact or phone etc. I can probably get the story some traction in the UK.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

jjy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:57 pm Thank you! Just a FB contact or phone etc. I can probably get the story some traction in the UK.
A quick and cursory search on the old interweb will easily find you what you need. Some journo!! I'll give you a clue, start from Addlestone and go from there!! I'll help some more. https://www.gofundme.com/f/spider-bite-in-cambodia. Started one day ago, target £8,000. ($10k broadly speaking!)

From the horse's mouth. "In early 2018 I was bitten buy a spider which caused me to nearly loose my leg.I spent 8 months unable to walk with most (Not ALL!!) of my money spent on medicals and doctors.I was unable to pay my visa due to all of this.I could not pay 8 months overstay so I have been trapped here ever since and can not get home.Any help that can be given I will only be able to say THANK YOU.I did have insurance at the time but only stayed in the hospital 4 day because I was sure I did not need to loose my leg and I still have my leg.The police will not take me for visa overstay and the British Consul in Cambodia does not answer my emails for help.PLEASE HELP."

In excess of two years "suffering"???? Really???

Go ahead, give the story some traction!!!
Last edited by Yerg on Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

taa - I'm actually a documentary maker FYI!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

jjy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:23 pm taa - I'm actually a documentary maker FYI!
So the rudimentary skills of research are not alien to you????
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

Why are you so vile? I'm only trying to help this man.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: That's a alien concept on this site.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

jjy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:26 pm Why are you so vile? I'm only trying to help this man.
Vile??? Goodness me, grow a spine. His story has more holes in it than his leg. His story is also covered online by various British newspapers. A quick Google search will have told you this.
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

you are still vile. I am only trying to help. You seem to think this is a laugh.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic