PC in Australia

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: PC in Australia

Post by Username Taken »

For those who don't quite get it. Perhaps you should look up the word banter.
This whole thread has been a joke, hasn't it? Or did I miss a serious turn somewhere?

Ooga booga!

Ancient aztecs indeed :facepalm:
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

That they are blue in color is in itself highly problematic. When I lived in Wisconsin, "blue people" was code for "black people". No idea about Australia but if it's bad somewhere it has to be bad everywhere! Ha. Haha. Hahaha.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

The people who speak English as a first language, get the joke. Those who think they don't, don't get it.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Yerg wrote:
explorer wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:31 pm
Username Taken wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:54 pm you can't say Jesus H Christ for fear of offending muslims or ancient aztecs.
Do you mean in a respectful way, or an offensive way?

Muslims believe in Jesus.
I don’t often agree with you, but they do. After a fashion. Not quite in the same way as a good old-fashioned Catholic would.
Mormons believe in Jesus as well.
He appeared in the New World according to the Book of Mormon.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Alex wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:58 am That they are blue in color is in itself highly problematic. When I lived in Wisconsin, "blue people" was code for "black people". No idea about Australia but if it's bad somewhere it has to be bad everywhere! Ha. Haha. Hahaha.
How we always get side tracked .

The original article was posted to show how pathetic our community attitudes to a person who complains must be appeased or social media may rain down on you and drown you with crappy racist and other outlandish accusations of wrong doing.

In the case of the comment quoted above (just to explain) the cartoon family of dogs are breeds called heelers. We have both Red and Blue heelers. In the cartoon family the mother is a Red and father is a Blue and the kids are one of each. Nothing to do with any codes.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

There is a movie on tele right now called 'How to murder your wife".
That's acceptable apparently :D
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

explorer wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:30 pm
Username Taken wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:02 pm Next they'll be banning Coon cheese!
I don't know if you know and are being light hearted, or you don't know.

They have already decided to change the name of Coon cheese.
Who elects these childish dick-head politicians?

Coon Cheese has rebranded as Cheer Cheese, ending racism forever. :facepalm:

tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:09 pm
explorer wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:30 pm
Username Taken wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:02 pm Next they'll be banning Coon cheese!
I don't know if you know and are being light hearted, or you don't know.

They have already decided to change the name of Coon cheese.
Who elects these childish dick-head politicians?

Coon Cheese has rebranded as Cheer Cheese, ending racism forever. :facepalm:

Indigenous people 'should have been' consulted on new Coon cheese name

A man who pushed for 21 years to have Coon cheese renamed, saying the label was racist, is disappointed Indigenous people weren’t consulted about the product's new name, Cheer.

Author and anti-racism activist Stephen Hagan said he was glad and relieved that the cheese's manufacturer had announced the name change on Wednesday, to take effect in July, as he would no longer have to see the word "coon" – a derogatory term for a black person – every time he went to the supermarket.

Dr Hagan is not sure what the new name, Cheer, stands for. "I would have liked it to be something a bit more inclusive of First Nations people," he said. "We weren’t even consulted on names. We would like to have contributed."

Dr Hagan is pursuing legal damages of $2.1 million for what he says has been 21 years of corporations undermining his claims that the cheese brand was not named after American cheesemaker Edward William Coon.

Dr Hagan argues that Coon cheese instead started in Australia with Kraft’s Red Coon cheese in 1931, which used a different method to Mr Coon’s. Mr Coon patented a fast ripening process using high temperature and humidity that didn't kill all bacteria. Kraft's pasteurisation process killed all bacteria and lasted much longer in storage.

Dr Hagan believes Coon was instead named after the racial slur.

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation ... 56try.html
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yes all company's should consult minority groups before bringing out a new product, cheer cheese sounds a bit gay, I can see a name change coming on. :please:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic