How to ship product to Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fantasticpow
Tourist
United States of America

How to ship product to Cambodia?

Post by Fantasticpow »

I need to ship a product to my relative in Cambodia, but their address aren't registered. All they can provide me is to put their name, phone number and Province.
Like most companies requires complete address with Street number, Name, City, Country and zip code. Has anyone ship to Cambodia before and what information is needed to complete the shipment?
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: How to ship product to Cambodia?

Post by samrong01 »

Dont worry - just make up a fictitious address. Make sure you put a phone number on the shipment though so they can call to make delivery. DHL will deliver if you tell them how to get to your house otherwise you can pick up from their office (in Siem Reap anyway).
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I think the zip postal code is pretty important too, here's the list https://www.cambodiapost.post/en/page/postal-codes

@Fantasticpow moved this topic to 'Ask the expats (Questions & Answers) section :mrgreen:
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

if possible i would try a "HOLD FOR PICKUP" at the nearest DHL service point. Once the tracking tells you that the product has arrived there your relatives just pick it up with a document that proves ID.
work is for people who cant find truffles
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I know it’s probly been asked before but i now need the opposite of this topic
, i usually only deal with the post office with shipments arriving . The key is tracking code , tried in early days with insurance and tracking code , but never needed insurance with tracking .
Now i have a problem on a computer still on warranty in USA and i need to send it back , i’m not rushing and wasn’t asking here until this showed up and i wonder now with the flu bug goin ‘round if the post office here ( siem reap ) is the best bet now or a courier ?

Thanx and have a lovely day .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
aggro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by aggro »

Fantasticpow wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:40 am I need to ship a product to my relative in Cambodia, but their address aren't registered. All they can provide me is to put their name, phone number and Province.
Like most companies requires complete address with Street number, Name, City, Country and zip code. Has anyone ship to Cambodia before and what information is needed to complete the shipment?
It used to be alright getting a PO box in Siem Reap or Phnom Penh and sending there. But some countries won't ship to Cambodia right now.

I had a box sent express DHL from the US to Siem Reap. My street doesn't have a name. So I just write the village name. It cost over a hundred dollars. A month later I got a call from a guy in Phnom Penh who wanted fifty dollars to give me the box. When he realized I was in Siem Reap he said never mind. Two weeks later I had to call DHL support via their US number and talk to several people.

Finally a guy called saying something about a boss. Two days later he brought it to a nearby market and called for me to pick up.

It took 45 days.
Last edited by aggro on Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^^^
I don't know about the insurance side of things but I recently sent an item to Australia via DHL from PP and it got there in 5 days. Also recently, I got a Mastercard credit card sent to me via DHL. Tracked all the way.

As well, this post says EMS is operating again via the Post Office...cheaper, although I'm not sure how reliable they are and whether I would risk a laptop.

post439089.html#p439089
aggro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by aggro »

From Cambodia going out is usually quick and easy. But I sent a document to America via DHL about 3 months ago. Paid for express shipping. They said 3 days. It arrived in 11. I got a refund because it was time sensitive.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

Fantasticpow wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:40 am I need to ship a product to my relative in Cambodia, but their address aren't registered. All they can provide me is to put their name, phone number and Province.
Here is another idea:
If the product is something you are going to order on Amazon or EBay, try CamboQuick (ad at the top of this page). They can order for you and ship to Cambodia.
They could hold it for your relative or perhaps even forward via a local bus company to where your relative lives (e.g., provincial capital).
aggro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by aggro »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:06 pm I think the zip postal code is pretty important too, here's the list https://www.cambodiapost.post/en/page/postal-codes

@Fantasticpow moved this topic to 'Ask the expats (Questions & Answers) section :mrgreen:
I actually had a problem with that. The new zip code wouldn't work in the DHL computer in the US. So I gave them the old zip code and that worked. I guess they didn't get the memo that zips changed here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic