Perth Streets 3.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Perth Streets 3.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

The Fujifilm XT-4 was a purchase I made with some trepidation as $AUD3500 (with lens) is a considerable sum to outlay for a person who has probably pulled the pin and semi-retired a little too early in life. Having said that, I couldn't be happier with the results I'm getting with the new system. The color science, image quality, automatic focusing capability, IBIS (in-body image stabilization), ergonomics, lens sharpness and its light weight are all remarkably good - I mean, really, they're remarkable. In someone else's hands the camera would produce far better images than this wood duck can offer, but honestly, if you're in the market for a new camera I believe the Fujifilm XT-4 may well the best APS-C mirrorless camera on the market.

From this morning's walk. Click on image for best viewing. Or not.

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Perth Streets 3.

Post by Username Taken »

With a written review like that, you should be getting paid a commission from Fuji.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:12 pm The Fujifilm XT-4 was a purchase I made with some trepidation as $AUD3500 (with lens) is a considerable sum to outlay for a person who has probably pulled the pin and semi-retired a little too early in life. Having said that, I couldn't be happier with the results I'm getting with the new system. The color science, image quality, automatic focusing capability, IBIS (in-body image stabilization), ergonomics, lens sharpness and its light weight are all remarkably good - I mean, really, they're remarkable. In someone else's hands the camera would produce far better images than this wood duck can offer, but honestly, if you're in the market for a new camera I believe the Fujifilm XT-4 may well the best APS-C mirrorless camera on the market.

From this morning's walk. Click on image for best viewing. Or not.
Nice photos, a lot of cash for a camera, but why not for something you enjoy in your retirement.
I bought a Fujifilm Finepix S4000 from the Phnom Penh adds, due to having a S1500 years ago, used it at the temples on my first visit to Cambodia. That's the point with me, I have an Olympus mini pen, stayed in my bag for about ten years, can't get the hang of it, battery still working and camera is still like new.
The S4000 I can use that was the reason to buy, and with charger and batteries a snip at $100.
Alternative photo
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

Apple had me thinking that these days all the great photos are being shot on iPhone 11 pro max devices. Apparently not.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Glad you're enjoying the X-T4 and nice shots as always. I use the X-T2 as my main camera and the big attraction for me in the new models like the X-T4 is IBIS as I use a lot of adapted manual lenses. I operate secondhand and behind the curve on camera and lens purchases so a while before I consider an upgrade.

I can really recommend fujix-forum.com, it's the best online Fuji centric resource around with lots of useful tips and info, as well as great photos posted. Really friendly online community.

I love the Fuji film simulations and EVF, being able to see and shoot in B&W is one of the things I really enjoy.

Happy shooting!!!
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

I have a XE-1 plus 4 lenses but its been in semi retirement for some time nothing much catches my eye around Kampot to shoot.... I did once have it up Bokor and got some fairly close pics of the Giant Hornbills...last time I really used it was at the boat races here two years ago
this lot shot with the cheap 50-230mm zoom and cropped of course

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Good luck to you, the camera's nowadays with digital zoom and lenses are amazing and mostly affordable but for me I prefer my phone for the reason it can be carried in my pocket
I do miss out on getting great shots though.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

a phone is for telephone calls and sending/receiving SMS>
nothing more,nothing less
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:19 am a phone is for telephone calls and sending/receiving SMS>
nothing more,nothing less
I think you are in the minority with that concept OK i'll give you the texting! :D

A study carried out by Mobiles.co.uk found that the intended purpose of phones – to make and receive calls – is falling out of favour. We’re now far more likely to communicate with friends and family via text or email, or by messaging them over social media.

Polling 2,017 smartphone owners in the UK, Mobiles.co.uk found that 27% hadn’t made a phone call in more than a week, and 5% admitted to never making or accepting a call. Over six in ten (63%) respondents said they’d only answer the phone if they know the caller, and a third said they’d always reject a call if they weren’t expecting it.

What do we use our phones for the most?

So, if we’re not using our mobile phones to call people, just what are we doing with them? The study unearthed the top 10 daily uses for smartphones:

Texting (88% use this)
Email (70%)
Facebook (62%)
Camera (61%)
Reading news (58%)
Online shopping (56%)
Checking the weather (54%)
WhatsApp (51%)
Banking (45%)
Watching videos on YouTube (42%)

As you can see, phone calls didn’t even make the top ten. It actually came in at number 11, with only 41% of people regularly using the feature.
https://www.gadget-cover.com/blog/what- ... -every-day
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic