legal custody of child

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Re: legal custody of child

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Has anyone ever heard of a case of a grandparent, or anyone who’s not the mother or father, winning custody in court?
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:31 am MOds Lock this before it gets out of hand
Please don't, this just went from tragic to entertaining, don't stop it now.
Gilmore
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Gilmore »

To answer the queries, 4 hours is the minimum allowed. If you trust the other party, you can arrange for more. From my experience and those of others, I wouldn't advise it.
I was advised by my lawyer and the Australian Embassy that they couldn't leave the country without the mother's permission, so I haven't tried it.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Gilmore wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:04 am This is limited to a minimum 4 hours per week
4 hours per week is a lot of visitation. Does it say that in your final ruling? I would not be happy with that and it’s a worse deal than I got.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Gilmore wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:01 pm To answer the queries, 4 hours is the minimum allowed. If you trust the other party, you can arrange for more. From my experience and those of others, I wouldn't advise it.
I was advised by my lawyer and the Australian Embassy that they couldn't leave the country without the mother's permission, so I haven't tried it.
what an archaic rule,
so you need live the remainder of ur and ur kids life till they are 18 in Cambodia?

wow, glad my daughter was born in thailand.
Sole custody meant i had sole rights to bring up my daughter where and how i determined was best for her.
No visitation rights were assigned to the ex, In Fact, although for years she lived less than 1/2 hour from us, she never once tried to get in touch
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

To OP :
Punctuation, motherfucker !!

Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »