legal custody of child

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bonnetdedouche
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: legal custody of child

Post by Bonnetdedouche »

It's actually a lot more straightforward than most people think.
You need to apply for sole custody at the local court. You'll be summoned to appear in front of the judge, in his private office, to expose your case. He might want to hear the children too.
If the mother is a no-show, or agrees, he will issue the court decision.
Your costs are only for the lawyer, about $1000, depending where.
Kpot1984
Tourist
Australia

Post by Kpot1984 »

scott61 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:30 pm OP is a troll
Not a troll, looking for sympathy. What goes around comes around
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Kpot1984 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:43 pm Lets also not forget your relentless drinking and cheating and verbal abuse of So*** and you telling her on her fb that you knew how much of a idiot you was when you was at home at christmas.

lol
is a new beau pulling the strings?
:popcorn:

monstra mihi bona!
Kpot1984
Tourist
Australia

Post by Kpot1984 »

Phnom Poon wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:27 pm
Kpot1984 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:43 pm Lets also not forget your relentless drinking and cheating and verbal abuse of So*** and you telling her on her fb that you knew how much of a idiot you was when you was at home at christmas.

lol
is a new beau pulling the strings?
:popcorn:
Most definately not. They are both as bad as each other but there is 2 sides to every story
engexpat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by engexpat »

yea two sides to every story and you know one side so i suggest you shut the fuck up because if you are who i think you are your going through the same shit and like you said karma is a bitch if you want to make assumptions then come say to me or at least ask me the truth
Gilmore
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Gilmore »

I have been through the whole legal process, so I'll share my experience. The custody issue was decided in the Municipal Court. The first 2 hearings were private, as mentioned by a previous poster, but the last was not. I was awarded full custody, as I had a far better case.
The mother appealed to both the Appeals Court and Supreme Court, who both upheld the original decision. The Supreme Court did not ask for a bribe. Draw your own conclusions about the others.
Full custody of my 2 kids still allows the mother access, like in other countries. This is limited to a minimum 4 hours per week, at a time and venue determined by me, the custodian. I can accompany the kids or delegate others to do so, for security purposes.
I hope the information is helpful.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Gilmore wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:04 am I have been through the whole legal process, so I'll share my experience. The custody issue was decided in the Municipal Court. The first 2 hearings were private, as mentioned by a previous poster, but the last was not. I was awarded full custody, as I had a far better case.
The mother appealed to both the Appeals Court and Supreme Court, who both upheld the original decision. The Supreme Court did not ask for a bribe. Draw your own conclusions about the others.
Full custody of my 2 kids still allows the mother access, like in other countries. This is limited to a minimum 4 hours per week, at a time and venue determined by me, the custodian. I can accompany the kids or delegate others to do so, for security purposes.
I hope the information is helpful.
Just curious> do you and the kids live in Cambodia?
if you choose to leave and return to your own country, legally... can you? ( as obviously the mother would not have access as would not be able to obtain a visa)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
engexpat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by engexpat »

relentless drinking? afew beers at night doesnt count for relentless drinking in which most of the time she wanted to go to the bar and see her friends after baby was born niether of us really went

verbal abuse? if when your girlfriend tells you shes cheating and taking your kid to be with another man and then yes me swearing at her in anger counts as verbal abuse yes guilty of that one

xmas messages? she went working in a bar while i was in england that was on her i told her yes i was a idiot as thats what she wanted to hear asians dont like like admit there guilt i did this to try let my son have both his parents
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

engexpat wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:39 am
relentless drinking? afew beers at night doesnt count for relentless drinking in which most of the time she wanted to go to the bar and see her friends after baby was born niether of us really went

verbal abuse? if when your girlfriend tells you shes cheating and taking your kid to be with another man and then yes me swearing at her in anger counts as verbal abuse yes guilty of that one

xmas messages? she went working in a bar while i was in england that was on her i told her yes i was a idiot as thats what she wanted to hear asians dont like like admit there guilt i did this to try let my son have both his parents
Look, you have been given advise here, take it or leave it
BUT
I dont get why you want air ur dirty laundry on a forum where nobody really gives a shit..

MOds Lock this before it gets out of hand
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Gilmore wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:04 am
Full custody of my 2 kids still allows the mother access, like in other countries. This is limited to a minimum 4 hours per week, at a time and venue determined by me, the custodian.
Just to clarify, is this a minimum or maximum of 4 hours per week?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic