Young Cambodian Shepherd with 100 Sheep

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Young Cambodian Shepherd with 100 Sheep

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Young Cambodian Shepherd with Big Dream
AKP Phnom Penh, August 11, 2020 --
A young successful Cambodian shepherd is taking the next level of transforming his sheep rearing farm into a tourism product.

Bun Chanvireak, 25, is running a lucrative sheep rearing farm in Kampong Chhnang province thanks to rare practice of such business in the province as well as in Cambodia at large.

The untrained shepherd started hard since 2017 with 11 sheep by taking advantage of online research and has built himself as an expert running a farm of an average 100 sheep and earns a very decent income from selling the animal meat.

Growing sheep is not an easy business because the animal is very sensitive with weather and demands very good care, nevertheless, Bun Chanvireak is making it well.

At his farm, he has designed very nice areas for sheep, develops micro irrigation systems and facilities, and grows various kinds of vegetables.

The young man had an ambition to transform the sheep rearing farm into a tourist attraction since he started the work – everything has been gradually built on purpose.

Bun Chanvireak will take more time to achieve his dream agro-tourism, but he is working hard on it and very positive about the result.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Young Cambodian Shepherd with 100 Sheep

Post by Doc67 »

Good luck to him. Where can I buy his lamb chops?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

The only sheep I've seen was up bokor mountain , I got pretty excited in a funny way had thoughts of jumping off the bike and into the paddock.
He better keep the location hidden from us kiwis, we get home sick sometimes
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

That's the kind of success story I want to read in this economic crisis. Let them eat lamb!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

There used to be a few sheep down at the mosque by the lake, or ex-lake as it may be.
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Skankykins »

Good for this guy using his initiative and the WWW to research and improve techniques. Sir Tim can be immensely proud!

I love animal tourism experiences and would definitely sign up for one.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:08 pm The only sheep I've seen was up bokor mountain , I got pretty excited in a funny way had thoughts of jumping off the bike and into the paddock.
He better keep the location hidden from us kiwis, we get home sick sometimes
Kiwi? I knew there was something about you... :D
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Came across these on road 6 near Skun, Shepherd wanting $300 per head, that was 2 years ago to the day.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:43 am Young Cambodian Shepherd with Big Dream
AKP Phnom Penh, August 11, 2020 --
A young successful Cambodian shepherd is taking the next level of transforming his sheep rearing farm into a tourism product.

Bun Chanvireak, 25, is running a lucrative sheep rearing farm in Kampong Chhnang province thanks to rare practice of such business in the province as well as in Cambodia at large.

The untrained shepherd started hard since 2017 with 11 sheep by taking advantage of online research and has built himself as an expert running a farm of an average 100 sheep and earns a very decent income from selling the animal meat.

Growing sheep is not an easy business because the animal is very sensitive with weather and demands very good care, nevertheless, Bun Chanvireak is making it well.

At his farm, he has designed very nice areas for sheep, develops micro irrigation systems and facilities, and grows various kinds of vegetables.

The young man had an ambition to transform the sheep rearing farm into a tourist attraction since he started the work – everything has been gradually built on purpose.

Bun Chanvireak will take more time to achieve his dream agro-tourism, but he is working hard on it and very positive about the result.
- AKP
UPDATE
Sheepfarmers Charged with Unauthorized Farming
Cambodia News (Kompong Chhnang Province): On June 24, according to Mr. Choun Som Ol, Head of Oral Mountain Wildlife Sanctuary in Kbal Teuk commune, Teuk Phoh district, 14 hectares of sheep farmland have been confiscated for unauthorized farming after the authorities found out that the sheep farmer, Bun Chan Vireak and Khov Kiet, illegally fenced up the land and took possession of it without any legal documents since June 22.
The authorities called them in to clarify their act, and they would have been charged and fined, however, they showed up and signed an agreement to stop the deforestation and to give back the land. If they breach the agreement they will then be arrested for breaking the laws.
In their defense, the suspects said that some plots of the land they had bought from another party, and some they exchanged with yet another party, which led to the deforestation for their sheep farm.
However, the villagers have criticized the authorities for not punishing the sheepfarmers for destroying the forest and wildlife sanctuary.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The dark side of success in Cambodian sheep farming.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic