Kamala Harris gets nomintaion for VP

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Kamala Harris gets nomintaion for VP

Post by phuketrichard »

Joe Biden has selected Sen. Kamala Harris to be his running mate, elevating a charismatic blue-state senator, former prosecutor and onetime 2020 primary rival who has built a reputation as an unyielding antagonist of the Trump administration.
Harris will be the first woman, the first Asian American and the first Black vice president if elected. And Biden’s barrier-breaking pick of her comes at a time of racial reckoning in the country, plunging one of the best-known women of color in politics into a contest against President Donald Trump, who has stoked racial divisions in the White House and on the campaign trail.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/1 ... ris-393768
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Kamala Harris gets nomintaion for VP

Post by phuketrichard »

and trumps response
Asked about Harris during Tuesday's press briefing, the president claimed she wants to take away fracking, wants to establish socialized medicine, slash funds for the military and raise taxes. The president also described Harris' past actions as "nasty," and said she was even "nastier" to Biden during the debates than Senator Elizabeth Warren, whom he referred by the derogatory nickname "Pocahontas." The president also said Harris was "nasty" to Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearings.

"She was very very nasty, to — one of the reasons that surprised me, she was very — she was probably nastier than even Pocahontas to Joe Biden. She was very disrespectful to Joe Biden, and it's hard to pick somebody that's that disrespectful," the president said.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

A disappointing choice.

Its tiring watching these folks churn through Washington DC. She is now for racial justice, but had no issues throwing every colored person arrested for smoking weed thrown in jail to promote herself as tough on crime. As attorney general she fought against allowing the early release of prisoners...... one of the points her department brought up was that releasing too many inmates would.... drain the available pool of prison labor (I'm not making that one up - its public record).

I was hoping that Elizabeth Warren would be selected. While I disagree with her on many issues. She is both up to the job should she become president, but also she has some original ideas about how to reform our economic system. I don't think Kamala Harris has had an original thought since she first ran for public office.

Unless/until we move past these type of bought and paid for professional politicians nothing will really change. Donald Trump was the right idea but the very wrong person.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:38 am Image
Joe Biden has selected Sen. Kamala Harris to be his running mate, elevating a charismatic blue-state senator, former prosecutor and onetime 2020 primary rival who has built a reputation as an unyielding antagonist of the Trump administration.
Harris will be the first woman, the first Asian American and the first Black vice president if elected. And Biden’s barrier-breaking pick of her comes at a time of racial reckoning in the country, plunging one of the best-known women of color in politics into a contest against President Donald Trump, who has stoked racial divisions in the White House and on the campaign trail.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/1 ... ris-393768
Black? Who is? When I get a decent sun tan I'm darker than her. Doesn't even look very Asian.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Asian as in South Asian, I believe.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

TWY wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:21 am I was hoping that Elizabeth Warren would be selected. While I disagree with her on many issues. She is both up to the job should she become president, but also she has some original ideas about how to reform our economic system. I don't think Kamala Harris has had an original thought since she first ran for public office.
No real surprise though, it's pure politics. Biden-Warren makes for a very old/white team, while Biden-Harris has a broader demographic appeal. Warren is way sharper than Biden, pity she wasn't chosen over him.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Considering the pool he had to choose from, this pick is neither surprising nor something to get excited about nor something to be too worried about. Meh.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

the only question is
will this duo be able to draw enough support to win
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Virtually guarantees a loss for Biden, and the banishment of Harris to political purgatory. Even her ex boyfriend Willie Green advised her not to accept.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

They need help, and we have helped, and we are here to help. And we are helping, and we're going to continue to help.

Dan Quayle

The best audience is intelligent, well-educated and a little drunk.

Alben W. Barkley

What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.

Dan Quayle

Except for the occasional heart attack, I never felt better.

Dick Cheney

Hawaii has always been a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is in the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island that is right here.

Dan Quayle

The position of Vice President requires great intellect and the desire to improve America.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic