Recent pics of flooding in PP 2020

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Recent pics of flooding in PP 2020

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

John Bingham wrote:
Spigzy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:14 pm That Rolls Royce pic is from Thailand a couple of years back isn't it? And what exactly are they trying to do, roll it over?
It is actually in Mumbai, and the picture of the woman in the yellow rain coat was taken in Ho Chi Minh City. It's amazing how keen people are to slag off Cambodia when the pictures aren't even from here.
Are you sure? I knew it wasn't Phnom Penh, and it's super grainy on a phone, but the guys don't look Indian at all.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:34 am
Spigzy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:14 pm That Rolls Royce pic is from Thailand a couple of years back isn't it? And what exactly are they trying to do, roll it over?
It is actually in Mumbai, and the picture of the woman in the yellow rain coat was taken in Ho Chi Minh City. It's amazing how keen people are to slag off Cambodia when the pictures aren't even from here.
Indeed, I actually copped the RR photo from TOF in post your man playboy made just the other day about the increased rain in Cambodia.

Go tell playboy how amazing and keen he is...............

As far as the "woman in the yellow rain coat" I guess you're telling @clutchcargo that he's keen to slag off Cambodia since he posted that photo?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Has the flooding on street 13 and the surrounding roads been fixed by the new drains they put in a while back?

I remember first getting here and going out after a big downpour and being unable to get into the riverside area. The other day it was fine.

What is the situation of flooding in that area these days?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:49 am Has the flooding on street 13 and the surrounding roads been fixed by the new drains they put in a while back?

I remember first getting here and going out after a big downpour and being unable to get into the riverside area. The other day it was fine.

What is the situation of flooding in that area these days?
The whole riverside area is quite good now. Even Psah Kandal area, which used to get totally immersed in like 1m of water, is now pretty much good. The outskirts are the worst areas now (Boeung Tompun, areas of Russei Keo, Stung Menchey etc). Still, I've seen them installing drains in those areas, so things should only get better.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:23 am
John Bingham wrote:
Are you sure? I knew it wasn't Phnom Penh, and it's super grainy on a phone, but the guys don't look Indian at all.
You're right, it's actually in Jakarta.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:43 am fuming every time you read my posts. :lol:
Lol, nobody is fuming.

Accusing people of slagging Cambodia............ You think ClutchCargo was slagging Cambodia?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:34 am It's amazing how keen people are to slag off Cambodia when the pictures aren't even from here.
Who's slagging off Cambodia in this topic?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Nobody was really but that's the direction these threads usually end up in. I've seen a lot of pictures floating around here and elsewhere recently that are posted as being in Cambodia but aren't. It was a dumb enough comment though. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I have been stopped in a few downpours out in the countryside, but that being my choice due to slippery surface and objects in the water, or I could not see the road. Thailand I was caught out like the lady in yellow, India it was deep water I walked when there was a tornado, snakes were the worry.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

ImageImageImage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic