Visa renewal during COVID question.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Visa renewal during COVID question.

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

whatwat wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:10 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:20 pm Someone told me that I can go to the Immigration Dept for a 6 month visa renewal, $90, without needing to leave the country.

Can anyone confirm this please?
Yes. If you’ve got all the supporting documentation and on the FPCS app.
...and can only be done at the DoI Visa Office in PP (opposite the airport).
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

I am on an EG visa, for the first six months. But it will be running out in a month or so. Does anyone know whether it's possible to extend an EG visa for a second time? Or it has to be changed to another type like EB?

Thanks in advance for any information you may have.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:20 pm Someone told me that I can go to the Immigration Dept for a 6 month visa renewal, $90, without needing to leave the country.

Sorry to say that is confusing to myself! Land borders are closed, so only possible way is to fly out, and how would anyone get a visa too return? Also what is the cost of the $90 at the Immigration Dept for?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Sorry to say that is confusing to myself! Land borders are closed, so only possible way is to fly out, and how would anyone get a visa too return? Also what is the cost of the $90 at the Immigration Dept for?
Huh?

$90 is the official fee for a 6 month Visa Extension of Stay if applied for directly from the DoI Visa Office.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:51 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Huh?

$90 is the official fee for a 6 month Visa Extension of Stay if applied for directly from the DoI Visa Office.
I should know this being here for a length of time, so PSD-Kiwi if I was to take all support documents too the Immigration Dept I could walk out with a years E EOS (be it EB EG ER) 6 months for $90?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

If you have all of the required supporting documentation and are eligible for the EOS you are applying for then yes, takes appx. 5-7 working days to be processed.

12 mth EOS $180
6 mth EOS $90
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic