19Yo Chinese Girl Dies by Falling from Phnom Penh Highrise

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: 19Yo Chinese Girl Dies by Falling from Phnom Penh Highrise

Post by rozzieoz »

Stiliko wrote:
No matter how hard I try I can’t avoid conjuring up the scenario of a young girl being brought here under false pretenses. And when refusing to enter prostitution she’s thrown out of the window like a bag of garbage. Or she is pressured so badly that she jumps herself.
It’s just hideous.

I’ve watched a lot of videos of the Epstein sex-ring victims - they were stuck on an island or on a plane (Lolita express) with no means of escape, being monitored on hidden cameras 24/7, their lives threatened if they failed to obey, forced to participate in the most degrading sexual acts you could throw at an underage virgin - and I imagine this poor girl’s life was not much different.

The Epstein victims were not prostitutes- they were mostly school girls who were promised $200 to go and massage some old guys, or promised the opportunity to model in the “Victoria’s Secret” catalogue. They had no idea what they were getting into.

I can’t imagine the terror this poor girl went through.

Cause a scene and you are discarded like yesterday’s trash. There’s plenty more where she came from, rather kill her than run the risk of her getting away and telling someone.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Firstly too young to die, whatever reason rest in peace young lady.
Would you say that this may be that of all speculation from what is posted, police say that they only suspect she was involved in human trafficking.

Quote from article -
There are suspicions that she may have been a victim of human trafficking.

But they are sure she had drug's in her system. Not good, and also high up, do you believe I can fly? Only speculating.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Many human trafficking victims are drugged, it’s very common.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52 pm Many human trafficking victims are drugged, it’s very common.
That maybe so Rozz but it is again only your speculation of what may of happened, it is not yet fact.
It could be also said, again speculation, but more fact that someone high on drugs could do self harm.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

All the pieces add up.
But whatever the reason, it’s a tragedy.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:03 am
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52 pm Many human trafficking victims are drugged, it’s very common.
That maybe so Rozz but it is again only your speculation of what may of happened, it is not yet fact.
It could be also said, again speculation, but more fact that someone high on drugs could do self harm.
the only drug can make you try to jump/fly is good old acid (LSD)
From Methamfetamine what she was probably on, me no think somebody wanna fly/jump, except she wanted to kill herself. But after only couple of days here, I doubt it.
Anyway:

nobody will talk
nobody will know
nobody cares

R.I.P.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

alexvanlaar wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:16 am
AndyKK wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:03 am
the only drug can make you try to jump/fly is good old acid (LSD)
From Methamfetamine what she was probably on, me no think somebody wanna fly/jump, except she wanted to kill herself. But after couple of days here, I doubt it.
I would think more like PCP, but the point I was making, was that of speculation.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Such bullshit. There is no drug I know of that makes people jump off high balconies. If you can't understand what is wrong in this story and want to blame it on "drugs" you really need to check yourself. A nineteen year old woman arrived here on the 3rd of August and was found dead under mysterious circumstances three days later. There were other people in the apartment at the time. WTF is going on here?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:23 am Such bullshit. There is no drug I know of that makes people jump off high balconies. If you can't understand what is wrong in this story and want to blame it on "drugs" you really need to check yourself. A nineteen year old woman arrived here on the 3rd of August and was found dead under mysterious circumstances three days later. There were other people in the apartment at the time. WTF is going on here?
Which world are you living in?
In the 70's and 80's thousands of young people died worldwide because they thought they could fly, when high on LSD or PCB.
This is NOT B/S, but it happened frequently.
Guess your not a hippy ( better for you anyway) :please: :please:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

alexvanlaar wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:38 am
John Bingham wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:23 am Such bullshit. There is no drug I know of that makes people jump off high balconies. If you can't understand what is wrong in this story and want to blame it on "drugs" you really need to check yourself. A nineteen year old woman arrived here on the 3rd of August and was found dead under mysterious circumstances three days later. There were other people in the apartment at the time. WTF is going on here?
Which world are you living in?
In the 70's and 80's thousands of young people died worldwide because they thought they could fly, when high on LSD or PCB.
This is NOT B/S, but it happened frequently.
Guess your not a hippy ( better for you anyway) :please: :please:
You are obviously a tabloid reader. I've been around thousands of people who were tripping and am no stranger to hallucinogenics myself. I've seen a lot of people going as far up a building, tree, mountain as they could get because they were intrigued but not once have ever seen anyone think they could fly. This woman didn't think she could fly. She either jumped out of desperation when she realized that she was in such a terrible situation or she was thrown off the balcony because she wouldn't comply and they wanted to teach some people a lesson. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic