Thai lottery for the draft was held last month, even for lady boys

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Thai lottery for the draft was held last month, even for lady boys

Post by lagrange »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:44 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:20 amCambodia is the only one that has beggars, (adults an kids) on the streets in its major cities
Surely this can't be true? I've seen beggars in Bangkok. Are there no beggars in Vietnam or Timor Leste? There are actually very few beggars in Phnom Penh outside of the central tourist area, and there are far less of them than there used to be.
When I lived in Saigon in the late 90s there were organized gangs of beggars around District 1. Old women, amputees, kids, allsorts. Last time I was there was 2015 and they were pretty much gone, the place cleaned up quite a bit. The same year I spent a few months in Yangon, a few beggars outside the Mosques downtown but not many around the city. Maybe the begging business aint what it used to be.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Please stop arguing. Beggars will be re-appearing in all places as economies keep tanking.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

hunter8 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:15 pm Please stop arguing. Beggars will be re-appearing in all places as economies keep tanking.
What about ladyboys?
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:19 pm What about ladyboys?
Yeah, what about them?
hunter8 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:21 pm I’ve always wondered but lazy to google where do ladyboys go as prisoners: men’s or women’s prison. Both options would open a lot of abuse. Maybe they have a ladyboys’ prison there?
Large-breasted ladyboys will go out of fashion, i predict.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

hunter8 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:19 pm Large-breasted ladyboys will go out of fashion, i predict.
Is there a market for small-breasted ladyboys?
Ong Tay
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Ong Tay »

lagrange wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:11 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:44 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:20 amCambodia is the only one that has beggars, (adults an kids) on the streets in its major cities
Surely this can't be true? I've seen beggars in Bangkok. Are there no beggars in Vietnam or Timor Leste? There are actually very few beggars in Phnom Penh outside of the central tourist area, and there are far less of them than there used to be.
When I lived in Saigon in the late 90s there were organized gangs of beggars around District 1. Old women, amputees, kids, allsorts. Last time I was there was 2015 and they were pretty much gone, the place cleaned up quite a bit. The same year I spent a few months in Yangon, a few beggars outside the Mosques downtown but not many around the city. Maybe the begging business aint what it used to be.
Still beggars around Saigon in 2020...
glennb6
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by glennb6 »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:33 pm
glennb6 wrote:good grief - draft the sexy little buggers and give them jobs as secretaries or maids or cooks or something similar. issue solved
What a terribly misogynistic comment- they let us women out of the kitchen sometime in the 1970’s, you must have missed the memo.
:facepalm:
why deny (those ladies, sort of ladies, whatever they are) the opportunity to serve their country? they're obviously too feminine to shoot guns and learn to do mens army stuff, but they look like they'd love to take care in the kitchen. what am I missing?

:stir:

my little woman cooks, cleans, and takes are of simple household stuff really well, and she's not even a katoey.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Top ones a babe
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

glennb6 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:55 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:33 pm
glennb6 wrote:good grief - draft the sexy little buggers and give them jobs as secretaries or maids or cooks or something similar. issue solved
What a terribly misogynistic comment- they let us women out of the kitchen sometime in the 1970’s, you must have missed the memo.
:facepalm:
why deny (those ladies, sort of ladies, whatever they are) the opportunity to serve their country? they're obviously too feminine to shoot guns and learn to do mens army stuff, but they look like they'd love to take care in the kitchen. what am I missing?

:stir:

my little woman cooks, cleans, and takes are of simple household stuff really well, and she's not even a katoey.
I can t help but wonder if she refers to you as her "little man" when she talks to her friends about you. Often men who make mysogynists comments need to denigrate the other sex to compensate their own short comings. Especially those who make the comment simply to stir the pot as it were,
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Some of you all seem to think that all lady boys Choose to be trans

Its not a life style choice..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic