URGENT: Any Blood Donors Available in Phnom Penh ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

URGENT: Any Blood Donors Available in Phnom Penh ?

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

6 August 2020
This was posted on the Siem Reap facebook page because the poster is not a member of the PP Expats. As there are quite a number of CEO readers who live in Phnom Penh, we are reposting it here in case someone can help this guy out with some blood. He says they need A+ or O- type blood.
Guys and girls in Phnom Phen, very serious!!! Anyone A+ blood type can you please message me?

A good friend has reached out to me, he needs a blood transfusion or he will die, seriously might only have hours.

Take your time and save a life! private message me if in PP an A+ blood type or O- blood type

I will do anything in return for your help!
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: URGENT: Any Blood Donors Available in Phnom Penh ?

Post by explorer »

Anyone wanting to contact him try this link.

https://www.facebook.com/gaunate
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

If the idea of giving blood was presented to Cambodians, there are many who would give. But it is something most don't think about. A few do.

If the situation is that urgent, I would be talking to clean living Cambodians. Many will give. Many would help if they can.

Then if someone who has never given blood goes for the first time, they don't know what their blood type is.

It is ideal to talk to people close to where the sick person is. Delivery from another place will cause delays. It is not clear if the sick person is in PP. He should also share which hospital the sick person is in, and where to give blood. If someone just gives blood, it may not get to that person. If someone sends him a personal message, they will probably get that information.

He would probably get more sympathy if he told us more about the sick person.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The patient is currently in the Khmer-Soviet Hospital in Phnom Penh.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

They are saying this to the small number of people who speak English. If they walked around the neighbourhood near the hospital, and said it to Cambodians, they would probably get people donating blood.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

They may get more help if they post in Khmer, and link it to one of the popular Facebook sites. As a previous poster has mentioned there are much fewer foreigners now compared to Khmer.

Liver failure is hard. More so in the Kingdom of Wonder. He’s going to need to coagulation factors and platelets so he doesn’t bleed out his blood cells, blood cells, albumin to rehydrate him. No big blood banks supplying hospitals like in western nations with ready to go product.

Hope things turn better for the OP.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

I’m A+ but stuck in the shitty UK. What about Doc, atst and TWY? Do they know their blood types? Can they help?
Wrightstate
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Wrightstate »

Yerg wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:51 am I’m A+ but stuck in the shitty UK. What about Doc, atst and TWY? Do they know their blood types? Can they help?
I've donated many times at the National Blood Transfusion Centre next to Khmer Soviet Friendship Hospital. Clean, modern and they give you a thank you t-shirt, cake box and drinks afterwards. I think it used to be a bit taboo but I've noticed ever increasing numbers of locals donating. Although that was before the virus, so maybe that's affecting their blood stocks.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Sorry, I was copying this article, but unfortunately lost the connection, and could not retrieve to finish.

Any news of the op story?

Blood

Wing staff volunteer to donate blood while the number of blood donors is declining!
Phnom Penh, 12 August 2020: Wing Specialized Bank (Cambodia) Limited organized a blood donation program to celebrate its 12th anniversary on the 12th and to give back to the community. Wing's "Save the Life of Blood Donation" campaign aims to address the shortage of blood donations as Kovid 19 continues to spread.
Mr. Sok Po, President of the National Blood Transfusion Center, said that the drop in blood donors was due to their reluctance to donate at the National Blood Transfusion Center. "As of the first six months of early 2020, the rate of blood donation has dropped," said Sok Po. About 11 percent. "Some patients need a blood transfusion urgently, but their families are having a hard time finding the right blood type."
"I really appreciate and appreciate Wing's support in encouraging staff to donate blood voluntarily, which will benefit you," he said. Many diseases throughout Cambodia. This act shows the commitment to help society in this difficult time. Wing not only helps people to have a better daily life through the provision of financial services, but also Wing It is a good example for other companies as well.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic