If it is difficult to come to Cambodia, I wont

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

If it is difficult to come to Cambodia, I wont

Post by explorer »

I can live happily in Australia, and don't need to come to Cambodia. For years I have been having long visits to Cambodia. If next time I would come to Cambodia, if it is difficult, I will stay in Australia. That is, if quarantine is still necessary, if a deposit needs to be paid, if insurance is necessary, if getting a visa is difficult, or if flights are too expensive.

I know some of you have jobs and/or families in Cambodia, so you want to be in Cambodia.

But I think, the majority of people who would come to Cambodia, are more like me. So unless they make it easy, very few people will come to Cambodia.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Re: If it is difficult to come to Cambodia, I wont

Post by khmerhamster »

Noted.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Many of us actually live here, so it's not a case of wondering if we can come here for a few months or not.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i am sure the many many college girls will be disappointed but,

as trump said

"it is what it is"
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

The hardest part for you to leave Australia is your government has stopped you from taking holidays anywhere overseas so even if it's easier to come into Cambodia you can't get on a plane
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Ok
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

The Red Carpet, VIP Welcoming Party and Chauffeur are on standby for you Sir.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Thanks for letting us know.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

I was wondering what your plans were.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

explorer wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:20 am I can live happily in Australia, and don't need to come to Cambodia. For years I have been having long visits to Cambodia. If next time I would come to Cambodia, if it is difficult, I will stay in Australia. That is, if quarantine is still necessary, if a deposit needs to be paid, if insurance is necessary, if getting a visa is difficult, or if flights are too expensive.

I know some of you have jobs and/or families in Cambodia, so you want to be in Cambodia.

But I think, the majority of people who would come to Cambodia, are more like me. So unless they make it easy, very few people will come to Cambodia.
While most people on this thread are getting a little kick from being smart asses, I think you raise some valid points:
- Why would anyone bother doing all this just to go to Cambodia? Even with a job lined up, it still isn't worth it as the economy is currently at a standstill. Families can be repatriated.
- Some countries now allow people from specific countries to travel only if they're in possession of a solid insurance policy and negative test results. The said countries are by far more attractive and entertaining than Cambodia.
- Making it difficult for people to come to a country that has rapidly lost its attractiveness is only going to penalize one group of people: the average Joes.
- Traveling long distances isn't the priority for most people as we speak. The pandemic had a huge toll on people's finances. There's going to be a point when people will get tired of being stuck in their homes though. Their first choice won't be Cambodia.
- The travel policies in place in Cambodia are hurting the country's already crumbling economy. It is not even preventing new cases from coming in since foreign officials and returning locals don't get tested. It's Cambodia. What did you expect?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic