The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away

Post by Dunderhead »

Nonsense,Linux is easy to use and has no security issues, but it's a community and it's free so it's not marketed, in fact many new computers are deliberately designed to make using Linux difficult or impossible.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Dunderhead wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:40 pm Nonsense,Linux is easy to use and has no security issues, but it's a community and it's free so it's not marketed, in fact many new computers are deliberately designed to make using Linux difficult or impossible.
Saying that Linux has no security issues is just silly; I've been using Linux since 1994 (on computers) and there have been many. Linux on servers is usually well managed, so those security issues are just dealt with more professionally than on your typical Windows computer. But then you have Android with its countless exploitable flaws, thanks to phone vendors that don't roll out updates on time / reliably / covering the whole lifetime of a phone. Plus careless users. And look what happens - it's no more secure than Windows, despite being Linux.

Linux for the desktop, unlike for servers and for phones, has always been a failure. Lack of marketing? I don't think so! I know it and still wouldn't use it in most cases. Nowadays I don't even care anymore, horses for courses.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

Any thing that's free obviously is not marketed. The very word implies buying something, and hackers are not really interested in a system that so few use, plus its not bloated with code and so runs much faster.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Dunderhead wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:07 pm Any thing that's free obviously is not marketed. The very word implies buying something, and hackers are not really interested in a system that so few use, plus its not bloated with code and so runs much faster.
This is so far off topic as to be in a different reality.
Dunderhead, truly you name checks out.
Many things that are free are marketed. Many.
Linux is derived from Unix. Unix/Linux kernels run everything, from the os on your phone to the server it connects to. If you have nothing to add, or what you add is based in complete ignorance maybe you could refrain from posting.
up to you...
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Indeed, this very website runs on a xnix variant.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

explorer wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:43 pm I used to think the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation was a charity, that gave to worthwhile causes. I have learnt with the Coronavirus, some money is given as an investment, where they make a profit from it in the future. He became the richest man in the world selling Windows, and office, and antivirus, and a whole lot of other software. He intentionally kept Windows vulnerable to malware, as it helped to make more money selling antivirus programs. He is not finished yet. He and others don't mind destroying the world economy, so they can get even richer making vaccines. It is not about helping the people of the world. It is about making certain people rich. He is just more sophisticated than a car dealer.
Nonsensical garbage like this is exactly why people are needlessly dying, may that be on your head.
up to you...
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:48 am
God'sGift wrote:time to go down the herd immunity route!
Preliminary studies have suggested antibodies disappear after a few weeks.

Also some have had positive tests with symptoms, followed by negative tests, followed by positive tests with symptoms again, suggesting reinfection.

And what’s the route if there is no herd immunity?
Let nature take its toll.

Some will die, most will live - that's the order of life.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Covid-19 Vs Influenza

Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

I am not an English teacher but if its not for sale its not being marketed long term, if I were to give away free cigarettes to get people hooked and sell more later its marketing, if a product is always free it can't be marketed, it can be distributed, most of you have confused the two.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

^^^^^

I confused....What has any of this to do with

" The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic