NEW: Cambodian Entry Requirements for Foreigners Revised

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: NEW: Cambodian Entry Requirements for Foreigners Revised

Post by Pizzalover »

Rtrac wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 pm Forte Insurance Cambodia application: you need to up load your negative Covid 19 health certificate (negative PCR for Coronavirus). This means you need to wait till it is with in the 72 hours window prior to your departure to purchase the insurance.

I thought I could just get mine done early to check off this requirement. But, no, this is an elaborate dance with many steps. At least the instructions are clearly spelled out.
You could look at it from a different perspective. What good would the 90 USD insurance do to you if you cant pass the Covid-19 test and would be prevented from boarding the plane?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

aggro wrote:Another thing to consider is that most people in the West aren't exactly looking to take an international vacation at the moment. So even if countries opened and regular flights were reestablished it wouldn't necessarily mean full planes of tourists.
US is still at level 4 = do not fly internationally.

Businesses are taking this seriously.

Employees not allowed to take business trips abroad. Personal trips abroad are strongly discouraged.

If an employee ignores corporate orders comes back from Cambodia, mandatory 14 day self quarantine, using paid time of off (after 3 weeks in Cambodia = zero PTO left), or without pay. And negative virus retest before returning to work.

But at least the Kingdom of Wonder is issuing clear guidance now.
TEKOR
Tourist
China

Post by TEKOR »

For those who are not sponsored or invited...get a visa from your home country first...

Except...

You can't where I live in USA because in order to receive a 3 month business E visa you must have a sponsorship or invitation / employment letter. Required.

Give me a fucking break.

No Cambodia I won't jump through hoop after hoop begging to get back in, spending thousands so I can obtain an 800-1000$ per month teaching position...all the while spending every penny of it back on your struggling businesses..

Good fucking luck to you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

NOTE who it is for at top
no mention if on existing ER extensions, NO tourist

What is a VAPGI?

Family members ( if ur khmer wife is in Cambodia?)

Experts:
will jah be able to issue a sponsorship letter or invitation as the applicant is an expert mixologists,
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:00 am

What is a VAPGI?
It's on the business registration web site: "Validation Application on Payment Guarantee/Invitation (VAPGI) for business-linked travelers traveling to Cambodia during Covid-19 period."

The service site looks kind of impressive.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Tarndog wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:09 pm I don't know when I'll leave the KOW next, but they're continuing to make things difficult for a foreigner to want to ever come back.

Xenophobes, they are, I tell ya!
They sure are xenophobic. It's not just Cambodia. Most countries in the region have something against foreigners.

I don't see how they're being xenophobic in that particular situation though.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

TEKOR wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:02 am For those who are not sponsored or invited...get a visa from your home country first...

Except...

You can't where I live in USA because in order to receive a 3 month business E visa you must have a sponsorship or invitation / employment letter. Required.

Give me a fucking break.

No Cambodia I won't jump through hoop after hoop begging to get back in, spending thousands so I can obtain an 800-1000$ per month teaching position...all the while spending every penny of it back on your struggling businesses..

Good fucking luck to you.
---------------------

I'd have to disagree with the sentiment expressed. Yes, its got some hoops to jump through, but the insurance change sure removes a lot of uncertainty and keep in mind you CAN travel to Cambodia. The same can't be said of the US.

Heck we travelled to Cambodia simply because - after doing everything the government authorities asked in the US - ie shelter in place - do not travel - social distance - etc etc. When it came time to apply for a visa extension due to Coronavirus - we got the typical bureaucratic shaft. The result being she had to leave. At least we are able to be together as a family in Cambodia. The same can't be said of the US.

I'd actually like them to have required everyone to get a COVID 19 test as the only way we got sick was on the flight into PP - where likely 80-90 percent of the folks didn't have a test.

I don't think a few upset want to be English teachers will be missed.
TEKOR
Tourist
China

Post by TEKOR »

No.
No one will miss the teachers. Exactly the problem.
Fuck over the people that need them. Business as usual.
After working in the school systems there for 4 years (granted, not an extensive amount of time..) I have enough insight to say that they should miss us. But they won't, you are correct.
TEKOR
Tourist
China

Post by TEKOR »

and it's want-to-be BTW

lol
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

TEKOR wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:53 pm and it's want-to-be BTW

lol
Actually I believe the correct term is "wannabe", at least according to the Spice Girls.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic