British Man, Marlon WALKER SMITH, Accused of Phone Snatching with Violence

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Man, Marlon WALKER SMITH, Accused of Phone Snatching with Violence

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On August 1, 2020, at 6 pm, a 35 year old British man, MARLON PAUL ANTHONY WALKER SMITH, a drug addict, was arrested for attacking two Cambodian men, on Preah Sihanouk boulevard near street 51 in Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh. It is suspected that he was under the influence of drugs.

The victims were identified as Khun Sophal, 52 years old, and Chong Yong, 45 years old. The victim named Khun Sophal said that he was sitting on motorbike and talking on phone on Preah Sihanouk boulevard, when suddenly, the foreigner came and tried to grab his phone, so he quickly put it away. Then, the suspect hit him on the chest, caused him to fall off his motorbike on to the ground.
After that, the British man approached another Cambodian man who was sitting on a chair and using his phone outside a jewelry shop. The British man grabbed his phone, but the man fought back, trying to hit the foreigner with his chair. But the British man was stronger and beat the Khmer man before running away with his phone.
The victim called out to some police on patrol nearby, and they went after the foreigner and stopped him in possession of the other man's OPPO phone. He was sent to Khan Daun Penh police station for questioning and case preparation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: British Man, Marlon WALKER SMITH, Accused of Phone Snatching with Violence

Post by AndyKK »

It's bad news really, not the way a foreigner should act, nor anyone to be honest. But I bet it was hell of a shock not being the usual phone thieves.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:21 pm It's bad news really, not the way a foreigner should act, nor anyone to be honest. But I bet it was hell of a shock not being the usual phone thieves.
Or just a sign of how bad things are getting when foreigners are the ones doing things like this.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

TheImplication wrote:Or just a sign of how bad things are getting when foreigners are the ones doing things like this.
Worried that the local Khmer crooks will copying this new style of theft, making the Kingdom of Wonder less safe overall.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

A British citizen, but born in which country ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:54 am A British citizen, but born in which country ?
It says Bristol on his passport.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:58 am
Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:54 am A British citizen, but born in which country ?
In Bristol they'll stab you for a phone.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

But that is Nationality , not country of birth. I checked my passport , it says Australian , but I was born in NZ
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am
But that is Nationality , not country of birth. I checked my passport , it says Australian , but I was born in NZ
His nationality is British, hence the passport. That section of the passport is for place of birth. Mine says London.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am
Why do you care so much about his place of birth? Are you trynna say he isn't British because he's black? What's the point you trynna make?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic