How do you find local streamin services? TV boxes, IFLIX, JaikonTV, etc...

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
rockyboy612
Expatriate
Philippines

How do you find local streamin services? TV boxes, IFLIX, JaikonTV, etc...

Post by rockyboy612 »

All my khmer friends keep telling me nobody bothers watching regular TV, i keep seeing people using Facebook as their main source of entertainment for almost everything and websites with illegal copies of movies.

I find that there are only a few legit companies that does streaming, i tried getting netflix but it gets boring after a while. Is any of the local streaming services worth the money?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: How do you find local streamin services? TV boxes, IFLIX, JaikonTV, etc...

Post by Duncan »

rockyboy612 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:06 am All my khmer friends keep telling me nobody bothers watching regular TV, i keep seeing people using Facebook as their main source of entertainment for almost everything and websites with illegal copies of movies.

I find that there are only a few legit companies that does streaming, i tried getting netflix but it gets boring after a while. Is any of the local streaming services worth the money?
I find this one fills in most of my time ,,, and it's free.
Spoiler:
Cambodia Expats Online
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

get an android box
download kodi. add on; Exodus redux
add Mobdro
everything for free ( except ur internet connection)
news, sports, tv shows, movies etc etc
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Is the best alternative to cable TV still an Android box/Kodi/add ons/etc? I moved into a new apartment recently and don't have free cable like I did at the previous place. I like the convenience of simply being able to turn on the TV to see the news, an occasional TV show/movie, etc. without having to fire up the computer.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as my post above but now
things change
get the Tap tv and scrubs 2 add ons

all ur news, tv, sports, movies, Nat geo, netflix, disney and whatever

it takes a few more clicks thou than just truning on the tv
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

Google "IPTV" and do some reading. Nothing specific I can recommend but I'm pretty sure it will get you in the right direction.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

wolfcreek wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:46 pm I like the convenience of simply being able to turn on the TV to see the news, an occasional TV show/movie, etc. without having to fire up the computer.
I use a paid service for this reason, and its been a revelation, just turn on the TV and watch something, no boxes, add-ons, pop-up ads, multiple controllers etc. It's like watching TV back home.
I can get it all for free but I got bored messing about with it all. Send me a DM if you want the details.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

rockyboy612 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:06 am All my khmer friends keep telling me nobody bothers watching regular TV, i keep seeing people using Facebook as their main source of entertainment for almost everything and websites with illegal copies of movies.

Not just your Khmer friends, even my aged parents of nine decades gave the TV license the flick and got an Amazon firestick with ALL the channels some years ago

A guy I know sells them to bars and retirees, mainly. They seem happy with the service he provides
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

down_time wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:57 pm
wolfcreek wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:46 pm I like the convenience of simply being able to turn on the TV to see the news, an occasional TV show/movie, etc. without having to fire up the computer.
I use a paid service for this reason, and its been a revelation, just turn on the TV and watch something, no boxes, add-ons, pop-up ads, multiple controllers etc. It's like watching TV back home.
I can get it all for free but I got bored messing about with it all. Send me a DM if you want the details.
if its so great, put it out there for everyone

IE How much it cost ya /month
plus i get no pop ups or commercials using an android box which is an improvement over the ads on tv back home :beer3:

interesting article and dont miss the comments.
New DISH Network DRM Patent Aims To Kill IPTV
https://troypoint.com/new-dish-network- ... kill-iptv/

There was a guy selling a few firesticks loaded in Kampot for $100
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

rockyboy612 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:06 am i tried getting netflix but it gets boring after a while.
Netflix is different in every country, due to licensing agreements. Cambodian Netflix is diabolical. I don't know why they even bother. If you use a laptop, either to watch TV on directly, or hooked up to a TV, you'd be much better off using a VPN and accessing other country's Netflix, as well as the the other plethora of online entertainment services other countries offer.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic