Kiwi Man, Robert Chambers, Accused of Attacking Khmer Girlfriend with Scissors on St 172

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Kiwi Man, Robert Chambers, Accused of Attacking Khmer Girlfriend with Scissors on St 172

Post by newkidontheblock »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:suspect: ROBERT BRYAN CHAMBERS, male, 56 years old, New Zealand nationality, occupation: tourist in Cambodia.
They probably got that off the entry visa application.

But still, I’d be embarrassed to put that as an occupation.

Why couldn’t the guy just have put ‘professional meth head’ as his occupation on the entry visa?

It would have been more honest.
RandyN
BANNED

Re: Kiwi Man, Robert Chambers, Accused of Attacking Khmer Girlfriend with Scissors on St 172

Post by RandyN »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:21 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:suspect: ROBERT BRYAN CHAMBERS, male, 56 years old, New Zealand nationality, occupation: tourist in Cambodia.
They probably got that off the entry visa application.

But still, I’d be embarrassed to put that as an occupation.

Why couldn’t the guy just have put ‘professional meth head’ as his occupation on the entry visa?

It would have been more honest.
Isn't it more likely they just asked the Kiwi his occupation after they arrested him, rather than making calls to the immigration department and asking the immigration officers to sift through boxes of documents for the guy's visa application to see what his occupation is?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

No excuses for this.Throw the book at him, then deport him.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:57 am No excuses for this.Throw the book at him, then deport him.
easier said than done :D .

For that price he can just be left to rot in Prey Sar.

FOJ
Expatriate

Post by FOJ »

atst wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:57 am No excuses for this.Throw the book at him, then deport him.
I received a message on Facebook that Chambers was released from prison in March after serving 8 months.

He is now out and about in Cambodia and has been dating unaware Cambodian women, and he is now in a relationship by way of paying a Cambodian woman who needed the money to support her three young children.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Word has it that he is working as a barber now!
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Let's hope during his stint away he has made a better man of himself, seems like it.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic