A Dog Crossing the Road Kills 3 People

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A Dog Crossing the Road Kills 3 People

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Kampong Thom): A shocking accident occurred on July 27, 2020, at 3:17 pm, when three men on a motorbike died after hitting a dog on the road and then being struck by a car in Tropeang Chrok village, Prasat Sombo district, Kampong Thom.
A Highlander car, plate no. PP1AM-7305, was being driven in the direction from west to east when it hit the motorbike, plate no.PP1AD-3705. The 3 men on the motorbike died immediately at the scene.

The police confirmed that the victims on the bike swerved, or were projected, on to the wrong side of the road after hitting a wandering dog, and they were hit head-on by the car, which was passing in the opposite direction and could not avoid them. The dog was also killed instantly.

After the incident, the police checked the accident and took the evidence to keep at the police station. The bodies were returned to the families for funeral preparation. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: A Dog Crossing the Road Kills 3 People

Post by Phnom Poon »

prosecute the dog owner
free-roaming pets are a scourge on nature
and other humans

monstra mihi bona!
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Good example why its not a good idea to try avoid hiting a dog out in traffic.

I had to hit a few dogs on the road with no other options that would not risk my life.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

The bike hit the dog, then got hit by the car. The body of the dog caused the bike to swerve a bit into the oncoming car.

RIP to the 3 guys.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

It is unclear if the were trying to avoid the dog or the were projected off of the dog. I was tested once by an animal running into the road, startled me but I kept heading right for it. Thankfully it made it away before I smashed it but at least I know how I would react.

Dogs should not be roaming free, but we're a long way off from that being enforced in Cambodia.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:17 am It is unclear if the were trying to avoid the dog or the were projected off of the dog. I was tested once by an animal running into the road, startled me but I kept heading right for it. Thankfully it made it away before I smashed it but at least I know how I would react.

Dogs should not be roaming free, but we're a long way off from that being enforced in Cambodia.

The dog should have been in a cage ?????? Along with the drivers of the motobike and car, for driving so fast that they cannot stop within half the clear distance in front of them.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Ive hit a few in my time. If its the dog or me..... sorry fido.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:50 am The bike hit the dog, then got hit by the car. The body of the dog caused the bike to swerve a bit into the oncoming car.

RIP to the 3 guys.
I find it hard to believe three guys on a motorcycle, together heavier than 200 kg, will be diverted by hitting a 15 kg dog unless it hit the front wheel sideways.

I (90 kg) hit a dog twice. Once so fierce the spark plug broke. Me and my bike always beat the dog. Indeed, if it’s me or Fido...
Last edited by Kammekor on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Duncan wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:29 am
GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:17 am It is unclear if the were trying to avoid the dog or the were projected off of the dog. I was tested once by an animal running into the road, startled me but I kept heading right for it. Thankfully it made it away before I smashed it but at least I know how I would react.

The dog should have been in a cage ?????? Along with the drivers of the motobike and car, for driving so fast that they cannot stop within half the clear distance in front of them.
If only we lived in a perfect world where we could see the dog entering the road from a fair distance...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:46 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:50 am The bike hit the dog, then got hit by the car. The body of the dog caused the bike to swerve a bit into the oncoming car.

RIP to the 3 guys.
I find it hard to believe three guys on a motorcycle, together heavier than 200 kg, will be diverted by hitting a 15 kg dog unless it hit the front wheel sideways.

I (90 kg) bit a dog twice. Once so fierce the spark plug broke. Me and my bike always beat the dog.
Man Bites Dog, Twice

Now that's a news story...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic