Sad girl

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Meatwand
BANNED
Dominican Republic

Re: Sad girl

Post by Meatwand »

I saw a mild moto accident once near the canal with a small crowd of khmer bystanders. A gutted ambulance showed up. The young woman who was clearly unhurt in any way, even shock, was pretending to be unconscious with her head on some guys knees. Another khmer was using one phone as a bright light and his other as a video camera. They put her on a stretcher, loaded her up and she began to raise her legs and talk to the side, dangling her arm.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:32 am I tend to stick to what I know. You should do the same.
So you don't know about men?

I spend a lot more time with girls. So I know more about the girls.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

You're becoming really creepy Explorer.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

explorer wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:11 am If you look at the Facebook pages of Cambodian girls, you will see some who say they are sad. Some also post pictures of girls crying.

Some also post pictures of slashed wrists, and a girl with a noose who could hang herself.

In some cases, the girls may be being light hearted, or they may be concerned about something which is not really very serious.

I recently dropped in on a family I had met in the past. I said, how are you? The daughter said in English, I am not happy. Then she said, my family doesn't love me. (Her family cannot understand English, and don't know what she said.) My first impression was, she is probably a bit immature, and overreacting to something which is not a big deal. A little while later, her older sister told me, with her listening, that she was lazy. Later on, her mother said, with her listening, they are poor, and don't have enough money to look after this daughter. She could have said, they don't have enough money for everything they want. But this daughter was the problem. To me that is sad. That was only in the short time I was there. I don't know what else have they said?

What is the real problem? It is partly the difficulty in making money in Cambodia. It is partly the fact that many Cambodians work enough to get enough money to live, they lie around doing nothing the rest of the time. It is partly because the father does some work, but not a lot.

If a job came up in a factory, she would probably be rushed off to work there.

If someone came along and said they wanted to marry her, she would probably say yes, how quick can we do it?

On the rare occasions that I might see her, I will try to encourage her.

She is too poor to have a phone or Facebook account.

You also realize some of the simpler Cambodians are not very smart at handling real life situations. In this case, I am thinking of her mother and sister.
LAZY , oh yes. My father in law works in the field for maybe 8 months of the year the rest of the time he is in the hammock. Does absolutely fuck all around the house.i ts like living on a dump. Chickens shitting and pissing everywhere. They were living with the cows too until the mother got sick and i told them the cows are making her sick. They laughed at me. Said i was a stupid barang. Went there one day cows had there own shed in the field , mothers chest better and hasnt come back since. There is no motivation for people to work and as for hygiene , non existant
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Meatwand wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:23 am I saw a mild moto accident once near the canal with a small crowd of khmer bystanders. A gutted ambulance showed up. The young woman who was clearly unhurt in any way, even shock, was pretending to be unconscious with her head on some guys knees. Another khmer was using one phone as a bright light and his other as a video camera. They put her on a stretcher, loaded her up and she began to raise her legs and talk to the side, dangling her arm.
She could be a professional footballer :Yahoo!:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Meatwand
BANNED
Dominican Republic

Post by Meatwand »

atst wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:02 am
Meatwand wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:23 am I saw a mild moto accident once near the canal with a small crowd of khmer bystanders. A gutted ambulance showed up. The young woman who was clearly unhurt in any way, even shock, was pretending to be unconscious with her head on some guys knees. Another khmer was using one phone as a bright light and his other as a video camera. They put her on a stretcher, loaded her up and she began to raise her legs and talk to the side, dangling her arm.
She could be a professional footballer :Yahoo!:
Reminds me of when Cambodia opened up Olympic Stadium and began playing internationally again. Second game was Myanmar--The Khmer practically fetished stretcher injuries to the point of throwing in teenagers for the last fifteen minutes!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 am You're becoming really creepy Explorer.
You have posted a lot of complaints about men in the past. Now you say you don't know about men. Because you want to win, you avoid the issue, and resort to a personal attack.

Be honest. You have dated a lot of men, you spend a lot of time with men, and you have a lot of complaints about men.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I don't claim to understand young Khmer men and their issues, I don't have any single, young men friends and even if I did, I certainly wouldn't try to explain their issues to other people.
You could have far more of an impact if you became a positive role model for young Cambodian men. I could never be that.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:03 pm I don't claim to understand young Khmer men and their issues, I don't have any single, young men friends and even if I did, I certainly wouldn't try to explain their issues to other people.
You could have far more of an impact if you became a positive role model for young Cambodian men. I could never be that.
It wasn't very long ago, you were telling us how you helped a Cambodian man.

It is amazing when people post things they have not thought through. Do you think it is possible to live in Cambodia, have female friends, and never have anything to do with males?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:03 pm I don't claim to understand young Khmer men and their issues, I don't have any single, young men friends and even if I did, I certainly wouldn't try to explain their issues to other people.
What would it matter if it is of young khmer men or women, if he or anyone would like to help these people out. Don't you think it would be better too approach an organisation that have trained professional people doing the job, that would distance oneself, also, with the persons donations they would be helping so many.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic