Stock market in unusual situation

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Stock market in unusual situation

Post by explorer »

When stock market prices dropped earlier this year, many people opened new accounts and began buying shares. So now there are a large number of new people buying shares. This happened in the US and Australia. When share prices went up to a reasonable level, the professional traders stopped buying them. When share prices went above that, the professional traders started selling shares. The new people were buying them. Because so many people were buying them, share prices went up and up. Now share prices are abnormally high for the economic situation in the real world. High prices may also be partly due to stimulus packages, where governments are handing out money, and low interest rates, where people can borrow at low cost. Some companies have gone bankrupt, and many more will go bankrupt. Share prices should be low. But they are high. At some time in the future there will be a correction, where share prices drop.

There are a lot less opportunities to buy shares and make money now, knowing prices will drop. But there are still some opportunities. For example, someone on another topic shared how he bought shares in a drug company, and prices went up.

The smart traders look for those opportunities, and will be buying when prices do drop.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Stock market in unusual situation

Post by Duncan »

explorer wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:07 am When stock market prices dropped earlier this year, many people opened new accounts and began buying shares. So now there are a large number of new people buying shares. This happened in the US and Australia. When share prices went up to a reasonable level, the professional traders stopped buying them. When share prices went above that, the professional traders started selling shares. The new people were buying them. Because so many people were buying them, share prices went up and up. Now share prices are abnormally high for the economic situation in the real world. High prices may also be partly due to stimulus packages, where governments are handing out money, and low interest rates, where people can borrow at low cost. Some companies have gone bankrupt, and many more will go bankrupt. Share prices should be low. But they are high. At some time in the future there will be a correction, where share prices drop.

There are a lot less opportunities to buy shares and make money now, knowing prices will drop. But there are still some opportunities. For example, someone on another topic shared how he bought shares in a drug company, and prices went up.

The smart traders look for those opportunities, and will be buying when prices do drop.

Good time to buy a share in a bar on street 136 ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

Could have condensed all that to “buy low, sell high”
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

TheImplication wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:36 am Could have condensed all that to “buy low, sell high”
How would that work in a $3 massage place.?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

"Bulls make money, bears make money, but pigs get slaughtered."
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

With low or zero interest rates, fiat money printing and bond buying, US/China relations, BLM riots, Wuhan virus spread around the world, upcoming US election and general uncertainty, a lot of people are piling into gold.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:19 pm With low or zero interest rates, fiat money printing and bond buying, US/China relations, BLM riots, Wuhan virus spread around the world, upcoming US election and general uncertainty, a lot of people are piling into gold.
And silver. But most are too late to the party I think.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:42 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:19 pm With low or zero interest rates, fiat money printing and bond buying, US/China relations, BLM riots, Wuhan virus spread around the world, upcoming US election and general uncertainty, a lot of people are piling into gold.
So, you're saying its time for me to sell my gold
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^^^^
Gold and precious metals have had a good run this past year and no one has a crystal ball as to whether it has more to go.

OTOH who would have thought that Tesla could have gone that high?? :crazy:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Apollo91881 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:54 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:42 pm
So, you're saying its time for me to sell my gold
No, I would hold on to it.

I am trying to move away from cash but I am finding it more and more difficult because all assets are extremely expensive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic