Did he just catch a want-to-be pedophile?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Did he just catch a want-to-be pedophile?

Post by blueman.cambodia »

I came across this fairly recent YouTube video.... Did the video creator catch out a want-to-be pedophile? Your thoughts?

Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Did he just catch a want-to-be pedophile?

Post by Phnom Poon »

doesn't look like a kid to me
more like a ladyboy

typical americans, jumping to righteous conclusions and playing hero

report suspicions to the experts
and direct your outrage to changing the underlying systemic inequalities

monstra mihi bona!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

The girl is a prostitute, and she is flirting with him.

He has seen she is poor, and has given her money.

The video does not show her clearly, so we can't be sure of her age, but she may be over 18. The people taking the video are new to Asia, and the smaller girls may look younger than they are. If she was really young, it is unlikely that she would flirt like that. If he thought she was under 18, it is unlikely he would let her flirt with him like that.

The underage prostitutes are those who have been put into it by mothers, aunts, or someone else. Young girls are too shy to do something like that without being taught. Then they are normally with a place like a brothel.

It would be good to get clear pictures of her.

Anyone can be sitting in a place like that, and have a prostitute approach them, and flirt with them.

It is wrong to judge without knowing more about the person.

I am surprised he didn't take the phone. Then if they wanted a a confrontation, give the phone a swimming lesson in the river.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Self-appointed special deputies patrolling the riverside.
Cambodia has been saved.
Halelujah brother.

Those guys need to be taken out the back and sorted out.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Umm yeah. At 8:15m on the video, the "kid" takes off her wig.

Just noting. Doesn't prove anything either way, except that the whole thing is a bit weird and your average street kid doesn't wear a wig. :head shot:
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

There must be people who have seen the girl in real life. Do you think she is under 18 or over18?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I've seen her around, she's nowhere near a teenager, I'd guess 25 or so. It's hard to say but she has a very ravaged look. She has obvious mental/substance abuse problems. It was discussed on Reddit or some Facebook group a few months ago and people mentioned that she was wearing a school shirt. She is in fact wearing a CPP election shirt. She also has giant homemade tattoos on her arms. I'm not sure what the guy was doing fooling around with someone most of us would cross the street to avoid. Anyway, rightly or wrongly, he got fired over it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

Absolute dicks who are filming, it's clear as day the girl looks nearer 30 than 13, although she may have the mental capacity of the latter. Now they've publicly tarnished his reputation by uploading it to YouTube for everyone to see despite not knowing wtf they are talking about. I feel for the guy but why didn't he just say at the start "she's well over 20 year old guys, what's the problem?' then that would have been the end of it and they would have been on their way. :unknown:

The two filmers come across as clueless, probably their first time in Cambodia but the guy didn't help himself really.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

I agree LIVIDZX but clearly he was caught off guard & could not structure his response or reaction. They also could have asked if he knew her age.

He doesn't seem to be the the type scouted by MENSA. I base that both on his command of the English language & his 'associating' with what I'd keep miles away from. Shes no kid.

FUCK THESE TWERPS & THEIR JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS.
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Splashback »

They should have hassled that fucking fake monk at 6:15. Clueless tourists perpetuating the long-standing myth of nonces on the riverside in broad daylight. Yeah right...

Any idea what sort of job he was fired from @John Bingham?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic