What a shit day.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: What a shit day.

Post by General Mackevili »

StroppyChops wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Sailorman wrote:I haven't seen any Christians beheading people lately.
It wasn't long ago Christians were killing witches in Salem...
Sure, if you want to call the late 1600s 'not long ago'. The 'witchcraft craze' ran from the 1300's to the early 1700's and Christians were one of a few religions playing bonfire - and late to the party at that - yet you'll only ever hear about those naughty Christ followers if someone mentions Salem.

You surprise me, you're normally more objective than that.

Are you saying that all the killings done by Christians in the name of their religion are over and finished with, and mankind has nothing to worry about in the future with Christians?

I think it's just a matter of time again....
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by General Chatter »

General Mackevili wrote:
"Lately" being the key word here.

Just because it happens to be the Muslims turn right now that doesn't mean the Christians are any less guilty.

It wasn't long ago Christians were killing witches in Salem, and I'm sure there are many more recent stories.

So while they seem to take turns killing people, I don't think the other group is any less to blame when it's the other's turn.
That's a stupid argument.... the main point is , Muslim can call on the Koran to justify their actions....Christians cant look to the New Testament and find text which condoned the killing of witches in Salem....

Few U.S. Muslims voice support for suicide bombing or other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam; 81% say such acts are never justified, while fewer than one-in-ten say violence against civilians either is often justified (1%) or is sometimes justified (7%) to defend Islam. Around the world, most Muslims also reject suicide bombing and other attacks against civilians. However, substantial minorities in several countries say such acts of violence are at least sometimes justified, including 26% of Muslims in Bangladesh, 29% in Egypt, 39% in Afghanistan and 40% in the Palestinian territories.

I was born with nothing , and I still have most of it left.

ChessCube Account name is generalchat
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

General Chatter wrote:
That's a stupid argument.... the main point is , Muslim can call on the Koran to justify their actions....Christians cant look to the New Testament and find text which condoned the killing of witches in Salem....
Isn't that almost worse in a way? The Christians are killing people in the name of their religion WITHOUT any justification in their books.

Anyways, I think these Saudis are turning me off religion as a whole. Religion is something that should be practiced behind the closed doors of your home, LoL.

And thank God the Christians believe in Jesus being the saviour they've all been waiting for, otherwise they'd still be following the laws in the Old Testament, which would be on par with the "bad" Muslims of today.

/rant
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

General Mackevili wrote:
General Chatter wrote:
Isn't that almost worse in a way? The Christians are killing people in the name of their religion WITHOUT any justification in their books.

Anyways, I think these Saudis are turning me off religion as a whole. Religion is something that should be practiced behind the closed doors of your home, LoL.

And thank God the Christians believe in Jesus being the saviour they've all been waiting for, otherwise they'd still be following the laws in the Old Testament, which would be on par with the "bad" Muslims of today.

/rant
Also the majority of peaceful Muslims mean nothing. They are irrelevant.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
It wasn't long ago Christians were killing witches in Salem...
Sure, if you want to call the late 1600s 'not long ago'. The 'witchcraft craze' ran from the 1300's to the early 1700's and Christians were one of a few religions playing bonfire - and late to the party at that - yet you'll only ever hear about those naughty Christ followers if someone mentions Salem.

You surprise me, you're normally more objective than that.

Are you saying that all the killings done by Christians in the name of their religion are over and finished with, and mankind has nothing to worry about in the future with Christians?

I think it's just a matter of time again....
Pretty much. Most Christians are far too pussy and humanitarian these days to go there again.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:And thank God the Christians believe in Jesus being the saviour they've all been waiting for, otherwise they'd still be following the laws in the Old Testament, which would be on par with the "bad" Muslims of today.
Respect.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by General Chatter »

I don’t follow any gods....(okay maybe just Zeus)but Christians are benign in nature ....the Torah is a hate full rant, but most Jews will point blank say they don’t believe that shit, and the cheery pick the best...Muslim on the whole believe that the Koran is the undisputed word of god, which has both loving and hateful versus and don’t cheery pick...wake up...stop trying to be so right on....
I was born with nothing , and I still have most of it left.

ChessCube Account name is generalchat
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

General Chatter wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: I was looking at police officer jobs back in the USA and just starting out of the Academy, the pay was $25 per hour. That could be a difference.
Is $25 a lot.....SQUF you would of made a good cop...never to late to go back and become a pig...
If I became a cop, I'd end up in prison within 1 year....
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

Samouth wrote:....How i was really in hurry. i was on my way to do the photo shooting for my graduation day....
So, not such a bad day really? Congratulations on graduating
Using Tapatalk
Jacket
Expatriate
Austria

Post by Jacket »

You gotta say "No reciept, no money, you fucking pig!"
I've gotten lucky so far. When I was here before I had to "run the cops" like three or four times (over the course of a year). Now I've been back for almost three months and I had like 5 or 6 incidents already where the cops just ran out of the road with the intention of stopping me (I have a helmet with a reflective visir and every time they try to stop me, my visir is up. strange coincidence that is).

Here's what I do however. Get off the gas, knock it down a gear, rev it up and GTFO. They're not gonna do shit. They get out of the way (nine times out of ten. the odd one will try to reach for your handle bar but that's it).

That's just the shit that happens when you ride on a scooter. When I still had my Honda Phantom the cops wouldn't even look my way. The phantom looks more expensive than it actually is and the police won't dare to stop someone who they suspect might have got money/connections.
Bei der Weiterbildung; in der Todeszone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic