Innocent foreigner brutally attacked at Home Foods GSM

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Wolf359
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Innocent foreigner brutally attacked Home Foods GS Mall

Post by Wolf359 »

I thought it was common knowledge to avoid that place at such an hour? Better off walking around riverside in the middle of the night if you're looking for questionably cheap tail and ice. Which I assume are the only reasons anyone would go to GSM at 3 in the morning. At least on riverside you'll get to look at the water a bit before getting mugged by a couple of ladyboys. Play stupid games win stupid prizes :facepalm:
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

This reminds me of a story I posted last year. For those who haven't read it -
LIVIDZX wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:51 pm I had an incident around 51 st about 7-8 years ago, I was in or around one of the bars and talking to people, generally tipsy and having a good time and jokingly told one girl that maybe one day I'll her take back with me in a jokey tone. Anyway a couple of hours later I left to to goto my hotel and this same girl follows me and says she's coming with me and I told her no thanks I'm going to sleep & not interested... she insisted and I told her no thank you and told her to leave me alone.

At that point she turned absolutely hysterical, screaming, shouting, flailing arms demanding I give her $20 as I'd wasted her time. I mean at an absolute stretch you could argue I should watch my words more carefully and it may have been lost in translation but to suggest that even if you did agree to go home with a freelancer then changed your mind before you even left the bar that'd you'd have to pay the girl is absolutely absurd. Anyway the incident was escalating, I certainly didn't want to pay for err... nothing. So was pushing her away and she continued her tirade, and dragging me back towards the bar.

At this point the dreaded crowd began to gather all staring at me like I'd murdered someone and was deeply in the wrong, and I knew it wouldn't be long before the phones came out and my face and name would be all over the news the next morning with some humiliating spin like I refused to pay a hooker be put on the story. So what exactly can you do in that situation? In the end I just gave her $20 to get her away from me before it escalated into a 30 minute news report. But I felt like a complete chump obviously. But I'd like to know what exact actions you guys would take in such an event as I didn't nor still don't have a clue.
It really is a no win situation for foreigners unless you're perfectly fine with being publicly humiliated online the day after, I'm actually surprised more girls don't try it.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

GSM is open nowadays??
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Soriya wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:28 pm Shit hole best avoided
Fixed it for you :beer3:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Soriya wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:28 pm Shit hole best avoided after dark
Maybe best avoided altogether? Really, what good will ever come from such a pox-ridden, meth-glazed shit-box district? I'm glad these areas exist though, it makes it easier for everyone else.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
RandyN
BANNED

Post by RandyN »

The OP seems very familiar with the hooker in question
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

I havent noticed much trouble there recently. The people at home food are ok but they dont like it when I tell them that the thieving scamming girls and boys that hang around there are losing them custom. home food is about the only place left now. most have gone out of business because the yearly visitors no longer return
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Innocent foreigner brutally attacked at Home Foods GSM

Post by ssian »

Nice story brother!
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Innocent foreigner brutally attacked at Home Foods GSM

Post by Austman »

I am also totally shocked and aghast! Just absolutely amazed what these innocent young ladies at soya mall get up to now days.
Some of these people are nocturnal!
Davong the owner of homefood has some really good footage from her security cameras. Crazy shit.

Remember when she had the tank with the skin eating fish you sat there while they cleaned your feet? she started selling drinks and now has been running that bar for sometime put her daughters through a high standard of education one had won some sort of scholarship? And was studying in a top school in China before the proverbial Covid shit hit the fan! Believe it or not I admire her for what she has done. A Kmer woman single handed built up that business and has done quite well over the years. My 2 cents. The crap all these bar owners have to put up with...

One morning at about 6am on my way to breakfast somewhere else I stopped and had a cup of tea at the mall at homefood, the usual suspects were there Canadian engineer having his 3 or 4 cups of coffee before work a few left over drunks and a few ladies. I joined 2 guys asked if i could sit down all good, One guy a newbie a little drunk asked a girl if she would like to see the room he was in.. At the then "short time hotel" in soya mall (it lasted umm 6 months?) me and the other guy watched them go in the room together 1st thing we did was made bets on how long they would be dancing.I said 20 minutes he said 25..... 2 to 3 minutes later she came out of the room and quickly walked off and gone. 10 minutes later he comes out asking us if we had seen her! I said no! he said dont trust her! I said why? what happened? turns out he didn't have change to give her the correct amount so he gave her a $100 and told her to go get change!
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Chukwow
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Chukwow »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:11 pm
Soriya wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:28 pm
Shit hole best avoided
Fixed it for you :beer3:

Sorry I disagree. The place is better than the movies sit there for a few hours have a chat and watch Grassroots (AAAHHH AHUM) Cambodians go about their daily routines. Ha ha ha ha
But on the other side of it all I have met some great expats there!
No names
1) An English gentleman who has owned and run a mechanics shop in PP for 30 years the perfect gentleman in his 70s goes there everyday for a green tea or two
2)A Canadian guy in his 70s the fittest 70 year old I have ever met.. again a gentleman and the most humble man I have met, he donates huge amounts of $ to charity... rounds up other expats for donations to help out kmers who have medical problems gets them fixed and pays for it
3)Another Englishman a hot black tea man in his 70s has lost part of his foot here, again a gentleman and always ready for a chat about the football
4)Another Englishman claims himself to have the highest education of expat or Kmer in Cambodia, he can be a knob and exaggerates a bit I feel, a heart of gold and great to debate with
5) How many of the English teachers drink there
6) just last year I met a couple of salesman there at the mall one was selling poly railway sleepers another medical supplies really interesting people
7) Another canuck about 50 i guess a builder or site coordinator has worked here for ever another gentleman and very interesting guy!
8) And believe it or not some of the girls have personalities too and due to circumstances we dont know about are in the situation they are in
9) then there is the owner of homefood (Mentioned in another post) at soya mall have a chat with her for awhile she also a very interesting person

While you penile upright do gooders here on CEO talk shite about anyone and everything trying to prove how proper you are. ooohh i wouldn't go there its terrible
and I only looked at the walkabout from the outside. well eat some fucken concrete and harden the fuck up. you guys are probably those people who only purchased penthouse magazines for the articles yeah yeah.. PS I think ill go to the mall now have a hot tea its about time one of my friends turns up!
peanuts
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic