Question about FPCS app

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
BDT92
Expatriate
United States of America

Question about FPCS app

Post by BDT92 »

I have a question about the foreigner tracking app: If I leave from PP to travel to another province, must I check out from my home in PP and check in to the hotel with the app?
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Question about FPCS app

Post by God'sGift »

no idea, but if it's come to that, then hardly much point being in Cambo any more!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I never checked out and stayed in guesthouses without any problem.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

BDT92 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:44 pm @I have a question about the foreigner tracking app: If I leave from PP to travel to another province, must I check out from my home in PP and check in to the hotel with the app?
Officially yes if 24 hours or more
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

You overestimate the diligence of the authorities. Its actually the landlord's or hotel's responsibility to check you in or out. The main thing is that you are registered somewhere in order to renew your visa.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

From a distance, it's impressive that Cambodia has an app to track foreigners. When I finally get there though, it's going to be weird knowing I'm being tracked.
Wolf359
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Wolf359 »

techietraveller84 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:23 am From a distance, it's impressive that Cambodia has an app to track foreigners. When I finally get there though, it's going to be weird knowing I'm being tracked.
I'd say it barely qualifies as being tracked considering Facebook and Google track us more than this foreigner registration system. They know where you're staying but not your comings and goings, where you shop, what you eat, your interests, political persuasion, etc. Assuming they aren't mining all kinds of data in the background. But if that's the case, they really just know a bunch of stuff about your landlord don't they 8-)
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

I'll have to choose my landlord carefully then. :unknown:
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

dont have to be tracked. put the app on a phone and leave it in your safe. or once you are registered you may be able to remove the app until its time for a visa. not sure about that tho
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I think many will not like the idea of being tracked by that of the authorities, of every move they may make, but unfortunately that is the intention to do just that. What would you think was the main reason to do so? Would it be to stop the visa overstays, or even to help prevent crimes. Or even to help you from being a victim of crime.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic