Question about FPCS app

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Question about FPCS app

Post by God'sGift »

what if you change guest houses on a regular basis? Is there a min. period you have to stay at the same address for when getting new visa?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:36 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:23 am
rockyboy612 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:14 am Depends if your phone has the location permission for the app always enabled. Some newer phones tend to ask and give you the option.

Logically that app is suppose to track tourist who are hopping from one place to the other, for expats who live here it only makes sense to register the place for your long term residence. Then again this is the kingdom of wonder, logic doesn't always apply.
I tested both the Android and IOS version of the app and neither required access to location data.
Requiring it wouldn’t make sense because it would provide them with the location of the landlord.
the android app wanted access to location data when I installed it
Mine didn't but I tested it about 2 months ago. The Android version I use now only has camera access. All other rights are denied.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:50 pm
rockyboy612 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:14 am Depends if your phone has the location permission for the app always enabled. Some newer phones tend to ask and give you the option.

Logically that app is suppose to track tourist who are hopping from one place to the other, for expats who live here it only makes sense to register the place for your long term residence. Then again this is the kingdom of wonder, logic doesn't always apply.
I tested both the Android and IOS version of the app and neither required access to location data.
Requiring it wouldn’t make sense because it would provide them with the location of the landlord.
Mine didn't but I tested it about 2 months ago. The Android version I use now only has camera access. All other rights are denied.
Yes, Kammekor but its you have denied all the rights, turning them off in your privicy settings. The app requested location settings turned on when I filled out the app, and like many, I only did so because my landlord looked has he was not going to register my possition has a foreign tenant. He did so on the last date being asked. Also like you have mentioned, the app has thrown up, what could be potential problems, also maybe there are glitches, but its early days.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:09 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Yes, Kammekor but its you have denied all the rights, turning them off in your privicy settings. The app requested location settings turned on when I filled out the app, and like many, I only did so because my landlord looked has he was not going to register my possition has a foreign tenant. He did so on the last date being asked. Also like you have mentioned, the app has thrown up, what could be potential problems, also maybe there are glitches, but its early days.
Possibly, I don't remember. All I remember is about two months ago I installed the FPCS app on both my iPhone and my wife's Android. Neither requested location access at that time. If I remember well I posted about it on this forum, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

The whole system they designed around this app is so not thought through it's laughable, and if there wasn't a requirement for a visa extension I wouldn't bother at all.
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

I've got another question which may have been asked elsewhere - there are a few threads on the FPCS thing.

I need to get a new visa this month and am being told I need to show proof that I registered. (To me, this seems a bit stoopid cos it's online, innit? but whatever...) Anyway, I don't have proof and my landlady's son - who registered me - is not around.

In short, is there anything else I can do apart from get in touch with landlady's son? I could see that taking a while and time is a factor.

Cheers
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

reggie perrin's dad wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:05 pm I've got another question which may have been asked elsewhere - there are a few threads on the FPCS thing.

I need to get a new visa this month and am being told I need to show proof that I registered. (To me, this seems a bit stoopid cos it's online, innit? but whatever...) Anyway, I don't have proof and my landlady's son - who registered me - is not around.

In short, is there anything else I can do apart from get in touch with landlady's son? I could see that taking a while and time is a factor.

Cheers
Is it not the basics of the FPCS app that immigration know that you are registered.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

reggie perrin's dad wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:05 pm am being told I need to show proof that I registered.

Once registered shouldn't we all be in a Dept. of Immigration database by our passport scans that we uploaded to the system when we initially registered?

Why and / or how do we show proof? They should have all the proof they need once you are registered.
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

Why indeed?

All I know is what I am being told. Those who are telling me (HR dept at my company) don't appear to see the ridiculousness that two people here have immediately seen.

I'm being asked for screenshots showing my name and passport number. I don't have them because I didn't think I'd need them. Foolish of me.
Route66
BANNED
Great Britain

FPCS Question..

Post by Route66 »

Hi to all
I had a 6 month contract with a landlord. It was an apartment. Started Feb. 10 2020 and ended August 10 .
In July I had to instruct them in how to register me with the new app.

The FPCS APP INFO. READ :
My name , passport#
10-February-2020. ---- 10 August 2020

So ok fine.

Well the contract expired on August 10th but we all agreed to a month to month. Now here's my potential/possible problem.

They registered me again for two months on the app. But they typed in the wrong starting date.

It should've read :
11-August -2020. - 11-October-2020

Instead he typed in 18-August-2020
Which leaves a gap of seven days.
I told him to re do it ...he will not. Because, according to him , the app does not allow for editing once you enter the information.

I don't know much about the app . Maybe some one here is.

Is he correct? There's no edit feature?
Can't he cancel and just re do it ?

I have a retirement visa which expires in December, which I will want to renew. Now I don't think a week gap of time should be a big deal with immigration refusing my visa renewal in December but I don't want to take that chance.

I'd be interested in Any advice or opinion Concerning this.

Thanks
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

He's right, it's a shitty app. Poorly designed and launched with fee explanations. I don't think the gap matters at all.

The main thing you should care about regarding the visa renewal is that your "checkout" date is far into the future. As in 6 months or something. They won't renew your visa unless that date is set at least 3 months into the future if I recall. Shouldn't be an issue as he should know this by now, and even though you're going monthly, he should have a checkout date that's very late (as that can be edited, but the check-in date can't).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic