Question about FPCS app

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Question about FPCS app

Post by Duncan »

techietraveller84 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:54 am I'll have to choose my landlord carefully then. :unknown:
Almost as careful as you choose your girlfriend.

Be careful,, it's a dangerous world out there.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Your landlord registers you. There is no app on your own phone. Anyway, they don't need an app. Your local tuks and people in your street are watching you all the time and keeping a mental note of your comings and goings.

My google timeline records all my movements including the names of places I go and the time I spent there. I find it very useful when I wake up with a thumping headache, no memory and $100 missing. I see what my previous nights movements were and it all come flashing back to me.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I went to renew my business visa today. Took along my WP and pics of the FPCS app on my landlords phone with all of my details etc.

The agent noted that my landlord had set my checkout date in the app to coincide with early august when my visa expires and he said that I need to be in the app without a book out date for at least 6 months into the future or immigration would knock back the visa application.

Then he registered me on his FPCS app with his home as my address for the next year and took the $165 for my six month visa.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:00 pm he said that I need to be in the app without a book out date for at least 6 months into the future or immigration would knock back the visa application.
I'm confused as to what you mean here.

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:00 pm Then he registered me on his FPCS app with his home as my address for the next year and took the $165 for my six month visa.
So the agent registered you on his app?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Brody wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:22 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:00 pm he said that I need to be in the app without a book out date for at least 6 months into the future or immigration would knock back the visa application.

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:00 pm Then he registered me on his FPCS app with his home as my address for the next year and took the $165 for my six month visa.
It didn't make sense to me either. In my landlords FPCS my "check out" date at my present address is the same date as my visa expires - that's just the date he used when scanning my details into the app.

The visa agent told me that, when I supply evidence of my being on the FPCS for my visa renewal, the checkout date on the app for my residence should be at least 6 months in the future.

Then, he (visa guy) checked me in as living at his shop, using his own FCPS with a checkout date set as sometime next year, and used screenshots from his phone to support my visa application.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:30 pm

It didn't make sense to me either. In my landlords FPCS my "check out" date at my present address is the same date as my visa expires - that's just the date he used when scanning my details into the app.

The visa agent told me that, when I supply evidence of my being on the FPCS for my visa renewal, the checkout date on the app for my residence should be at least 6 months in the future.

Then, he (visa guy) checked me in as living at his shop, using his own FCPS with a checkout date set as sometime next year, and used screenshots from his phone to support my visa application.
OK, gotcha........thanks Jerry Atrick! :thumb:

My current "check out" date is also set to the expiration of my visa. So I guess I should look into extending that out past my visa expiration.

Or maybe I'll just talk to my agents and see if they're doing the same thing as yours and registering their clientele as tenants in their FCPS.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

And in one fail swoop making the whole app pointless.

Nobody who overstays will register.

Landlords either not using or using incorrectly

And legitimate people registered at the wrong address. What's the point
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

cautious colin wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:33 pm

And in one fail swoop making the whole app pointless.

Nobody who overstays will register.

Landlords either not using or using incorrectly

And legitimate people registered at the wrong address. What's the point
Well, my landlord does expect me to scan back in when I have my new visa in hand.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:30 am I think many will not like the idea of being tracked by that of the authorities, of every move they may make, but unfortunately that is the intention to do just that. What would you think was the main reason to do so? Would it be to stop the visa overstays, or even to help prevent crimes. Or even to help you from being a victim of crime.
They don't track you, they only want to know which place you officially stay.

The fact the landlord is responsible, and the app will usually be on his / her phone is proof enough they're not after tracking the foreigner.

It's an annoying app though. I registered in order to be able to renew my visa until my visa expiry date. Then I forgot all about it. Today I looked into the app and I had automatically been checked out because the 'stay until' date had expired. When I chose 'extend' I had to scan my passport again and wasn't recognized by the system as the former 'guest'. Now, according to the app, two different foreigners have been staying at my house. Me and me. Also have a 10 day gap in my stay now.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:26 am
AndyKK wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:30 am I think many will not like the idea of being tracked by that of the authorities, of every move they may make, but unfortunately that is the intention to do just that. What would you think was the main reason to do so? Would it be to stop the visa overstays, or even to help prevent crimes. Or even to help you from being a victim of crime.
They don't track you, they only want to know which place you officially stay.

The fact the landlord is responsible, and the app will usually be on his / her phone is proof enough they're not after tracking the foreigner.

It's an annoying app though. I registered in order to be able to renew my visa until my visa expiry date. Then I forgot all about it. Today I looked into the app and I had automatically been checked out because the 'stay until' date had expired. When I chose 'extend' I had to scan my passport again and wasn't recognized by the system as the former 'guest'. Now, according to the app, two different foreigners have been staying at my house. Me and me. Also have a 10 day gap in my stay now.

Sounds like you have a shadow following you around.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic