Shopping List - 2 items needed.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Shopping List - 2 items needed.

Post by Doc67 »

Does anyone know where to buy Bamboo blinds that hang off the roof canopy and roll up and down. I am trying to defeat the morning sun from super-heating my balcony and making AC obligatory in the morning.

Also, I want a couple of large cotton blankets to go over a sofa (Plastic - WHY??). About 2m x 3m would be perfect.
I have something at the moment but it is a horrible synthetic material.

As always, many thanks in advance...
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Shopping List - 2 items needed.

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Sothearos where it meets Monivong for the blinds, and outside Orussei is probably best for the covers (made to order).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:42 pm Sothearos where it meets Monivong for the blinds, and outside Orussei is probably best for the covers (made to order).
Made to order sounds good. Thanks...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:42 pm Sothearos where it meets Monivong for the blinds, and outside Orussei is probably best for the covers (made to order).
Sothearos seems to turn into Mao Tse Toung. Do you mean this junction?

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:00 pm
Doc I have very large bifold doors (@5metre wide) and they get hot from the sun, and I want the privacy too. I knocked up these roller blinds, floor mats and a little rope and a pully each, $20 tops, need replacing now, has they have been there 1.5 years. :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc I have very large bifold doors (@5metre wide) and they get hot from the sun, and I want the privacy too. I knocked up these roller blinds, floor mats and a little rope and a pully each, $20 tops, need replacing now, has they have been there 1.5 years. :hattip:

Always "hope" but never "expect".
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:20 pm

It looks like you have those blinds on the inside of the house ? You really need them on the outside . The sun heat is getting into the room and hitting the blind then heating up the room . If they are on the outside the glass and steel security bars will not get hot.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:05 pm
Sothearos seems to turn into Mao Tse Toung. Do you mean this junction?

I think BKL meant to say the junction with Norodom, not Monivong.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:20 pm

I have curtains on the doors already. By 9am the padlock on the door is already hot. I want the blinds to hang from the awning so the balcony doesn't get too hot (dark marble tiles don't help). Passed 11am and it's in shade so it improves greatly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic