Australian Peter Campbell Gets Cambodian Citizenship After Kampot Woman Rips Him Off on Land Deal

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Australian Peter Campbell Gets Cambodian Citizenship After Kampot Woman Rips Him Off on Land Deal

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Yet Another Case of a Ripped Off Expat in Kampot Getting Cambodian Citizenship
This is quite remarkable; for the second time this year, Mr Duong Dara, the personal assistant of the Prime Minister, has stepped in to right a case of an expat who was cheated in a real estate deal in Kampot.
[Previous thread on the first case when American GEORGE ALLEN O'BRIEN obtained Cambodian citizenship under similar circumstances earlier this year maybe read here.]
Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: Sen Santepheap is the new name of Mr. Peter Mark Campbell, a 64-year-old Australian, whom Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo, the Prime Minister of Cambodia, has allowed to become a Cambodian citizen and live in Cambodia until his death.
According to the official Facebook page of Duong Dara, the personal assistant of the Prime Minister, posted on the morning of July 20 : The King of Cambodia signed an order on July 17, 2020 to give Cambodian citizenship to Mr. Peter Mark Campbell. According to the nationalization, he will be called Sen Santepheap in Khmer.

Duong Dara wrote on Facebook, "I hope that from now on, Mr. Santepheap will be able to live happily and have full rights as a Cambodian citizen, an opportunity for the last life on Cambodian soil! I would like to thank Samdech Akka Moha
Sena Padei Techo for the greatest mercy and love that Samdech has always had for the general public. There is no discrimination. We join to build good deeds, share love and smiles and have compassion for our people everywhere.
Please be informed that on July 9, Mr. Duong Dara participated in mediation to end the dispute between Mr. Campbell from Australia. who came to buy land to build a resort in Kampot province with his ex-girlfriend Tra Chan Srey Lin. Peter Campbell gets back more than $ 520,000 in principal, plus some of the profits from the real estate sale. It is hoped that he will live happily for the rest of his life in Cambodia. As for Tra Chan Srey Lin, she received a tourist boat and part of the profit from the sale of land (each received 50% of the profit for selling 2 plots of land).
Peter Mark Campbell (Sen Santepheap) encountered an injustice by trusting his Cambodian girlfriend to buy some real estate in Kampot to make a resort, but in the end his girlfriend sold the land. In the face of such injustice, the Australian man begged Samdech for his help. As a result, after reviewing Duong Dara's request report, the PM kindly helped solve the problem by giving him Khmer citizenship to continue living in the last life as a Cambodian and have full rights to purchase and sell real estate legally.

Mr. Sen Santepheap described with tears in his eyes: "Samdech Techo HE is really an angel living on Cambodian soil. Samdech Techo held me to be a new Cambodian citizen in Cambodia, Samdech is not only a good leader But he is an outstanding head of diplomacy that has made Cambodia prosperous, prosperous and connected. Excellent diplomacy with friendly countries. Samdech Techo always loves and cares for the well-being of people of all walks of life. As well as the well-being of all foreigners in Cambodia.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
RandyN
BANNED

Re: Australian Peter Campbell Gets Cambodian Citizenship After Kampot Woman Rips Him Off on Land Deal

Post by RandyN »

Why are these guys getting citizenship? Aren't foreign men who get mixed up with low class thieving Cambodian women a dime a dozen?
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Australian Peter Campbell Gets Cambodian Citizenship After Kampot Woman Rips Him Off on Land Deal

Post by Splashback »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:42 pm Mr. Sen Santepheap described with tears in his eyes: "Samdech Techo HE is really an angel living on Cambodian soil. Samdech Techo held me to be a new Cambodian citizen in Cambodia, Samdech is not only a good leader But he is an outstanding head of diplomacy that has made Cambodia prosperous, prosperous and connected. Excellent diplomacy with friendly countries. Samdech Techo always loves and cares for the well-being of people of all walks of life. As well as the well-being of all foreigners in Cambodia.
I guess I'd also kiss ass for half a mil. Unlike Mishmash who seemed to brown nose the "big man and the boys" for free haha...

There should be an NGO in Kampot to educate foreigners on this stuff. I'm glad he got his money though, I bet he's over the moon.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Jesus... I read that as 52k, not 500k. Why would you invest that with an ex girlfriend? Sound like Kampot is crawling with guys getting shafted and then getting citizenship.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

Disturbing trend of instant citizenship sans language fluency, security vetting and residency hoops to jump through. Meanwhile, other foreigners who have lived here for decades struggle to advance their plea for naturalization.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

numacsys wrote:Disturbing trend of instant citizenship sans language fluency, security vetting and residency hoops to jump through. Meanwhile, other foreigners who have lived here for decades struggle to advance their plea for naturalization.
It further reinforces the kingship, I think that's the whole point. Sadly, stuff like this also reinforces the notion to common people that their bureaucracy is corrupt and inefficient. Expect to see more and more "pleas" aimed directly to the top in coming years.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

I notice they are given Khmer names which is basically akin to giving a totally new identity.

This would be a fugitive's ultimate dream. Permanent right of abode in an ASEAN country which has no extradition treaty with most western countries.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Wut ...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Hey, good luck to him. Jammy bast...
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Yes, I too say good luck to these two who have had citizenship handed too them by the leader of the country. Although foreigners can't legally buy land solely in only their own names, but there are ways around it within the system that are legal, but it does seem the ways are not perfect, leaving the buyer very vulnerable for loss. The warnings have always been there against doing so.
How much had both the guys lost overall, does anyone know?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic