Chinese Company in Sihanoukville Offers Bounty for Man Accused of Theft

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville: A Chinese company in Sihanoukville has put out a notice on a Sihanoukville social media page, asking for the notification of the whereabouts, or the capture, of a 19-year-old Chinese man named as Ou Zhengshan. They offer US $1000 for information and $10,000 for his capture.
ជនជាតិចិនឈ្មោះ OU ZHENGSHAN បានលួចយកលុយក្រុមហ៊ុន40,000$ ប្រសិនជាបងប្អូនណាឃើញបុគ្គលដូចរូបខាងក្រោមនេះ អាចទាក់ទងមកក្រុមហ៊ុនភ្លាម នោះនឹងបានប្រាក់រង្វាន់1000$ តែប្រសិនជាអាចចាប់គាត់បាននៅនឹងកន្លែងនឹងទទួលបាន10,000$ ភ្លាម។ ទំនាក់ទំនង 093828808 ឬ 0189367206

A Chinese man named Ou Zhengshan stole the company money 40,000 $ if anyone sees the person like the picture below can contact the company right now, will get a prize 1000 $ but if you can catch him in the place will get 10,000 $ right now. Contact 093828808 or 0189367206
[CEO News notes that we are not advocating that CEO members should go hunt this man down, but this information is in the public domain and the fact that the Chinese company has left this message on social media is of interest.]
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Chinese Company in Sihanoukville Offers Bounty for Man Accused of Theft

Post by crob »

I expect this to end badly.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

Any bounty hunters working the KOW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Doesn’t mention police involvement. Or going through the proper legal channels.

Bounty hunting in the US involves catching people who make bail after being arrested but then skip out on their court dates. Under the law, these people have no rights. The bounty hunter can use any means (other than killing) to bring the person back to court (and collect on the bounty - aka the forfeited bail money).

In this case, the courts haven’t determined whether this guy is a criminal or not.

Anyone pursuing him would be acting outside the system. The guy could easily turn around and claim that he is the victim.

Even DOG the bounty hunter wouldn’t touch him. And he’s dead.

Actually, surprised that the Chinese gangsters haven’t caught him yet. They seem to be having lean times.
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

Looks like we are still in the wild west of Asia!
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

-----------------

What? DOG isn't dead - he had a new show last year and who knows if he's on the prowl of this gentleman!
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

10k reward. Right. Why do I have a feeling that this young man is no longer alive? And that (perhaps) the very person offering 10k is doing this to thwart suspicion of being involved in his disappearance. It's actually an effective psychological strategy. Offer a serious pile of cash for the capture of someone who might have been tortured and murdered by the very same person(s) making a brouhaha about his disappearance. Detectives and investigators with a common sense should look into this angle of motivation and not simply accept the bounty announcement as an indicator of innocence. In the west, seasoned crime investigators can see through such tactics.

For one, the high bounty amount seems to suggest that the person offering it knows with mathematical certainty that he will never ever need to pay it.

On the other hand, I might be wrong but I can't help being over-analytical when I know for sure that any freedom-loving human being will do anything to continue enjoying his freedom.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:01 am Doesn’t mention police involvement. Or going through the proper legal channels.

Bounty hunting in the US involves catching people who make bail after being arrested but then skip out on their court dates. Under the law, these people have no rights. The bounty hunter can use any means (other than killing) to bring the person back to court (and collect on the bounty - aka the forfeited bail money).

In this case, the courts haven’t determined whether this guy is a criminal or not.

Anyone pursuing him would be acting outside the system. The guy could easily turn around and claim that he is the victim.

Actually, surprised that the Chinese gangsters haven’t caught him yet. They seem to be having lean times.
Dog aint dead
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

Soriya wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:12 am Dog aint dead
Check. It was the wife took a dirt nap.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Stiliko wrote:
Soriya wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:12 am Dog aint dead
Check. It was the wife took a dirt nap.
My bad. Don’t watch the show. Just saw the news bites email spam.

That’s avid DOG watchers for the correction.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic