Khmer-American Woman Sought After Escaping Quarantine in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Khmer-American Woman Sought After Escaping Quarantine in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News, Phnom Penh: This afternoon, a 36-year-old Cambodian-American woman escaped from the Ministry of Health mandatory quarantine. Anyone who has information, please report to the authorities or health authorities to take action against this woman.

On the afternoon of July 18, 2020, the Spokesperson for the Ministry of Health, said that the person who had the photo and name in the above passport - VIRA ROSE LE - has run away from the place where she was sent to quarantine for 14 days, according to the Covid-19 regulations in place in Cambodia.
The woman was part of a group of passengers who arrived in Cambodia on 15 July, on a flight from the United States, transiting via Seoul, South Korea. Two US Embassy officials who arrived on the same flight have tested positive for the virus. The woman had a first negative test result , but she needs to be confined for 14 days while doctors monitor her condition to ensure that she is free of the coronavirus.

Of course, the authorities are now looking for this person.
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Khmer-American Woman Sought After Escaping Quarantine in Cambodia

Post by Jerry Atrick »

That's a dumb move.

Here's her Facebook : https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008493227500
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

She shouldn't be too difficult to find. Hometown Kampong Cham.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

I can not believe that two US diplomats did not test before leaving,,,,, and put others is grave danger plus lose money
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Rtrac »

They just found her.
Looks smug and not pleasant.

She is an American who was born in Cambodia but now lives in Lakeville, Minesota, USA.
Related to Thanh Van Le and Sal Van Le.

From another news site:
Phnom Penh: A Cambodian-American woman named Vira Rose Le, who escaped from a hotel quarantine was found in a guesthouse in Kampong Cham on the evening of July 18, 2020 This. This was confirmed by Mr. Un Chanda, Governor of Kampong Cham.

The woman was placed in a hotel in Phnom Penh after arriving in Cambodia on July 15 and flew in with US embassy officials later diagnosed with COVID-19 on July 16.

After finding the woman, the provincial governor placed the woman in 14 days isolation at the Mekong Hotel in Kampong Cham province, and health officials also took test samples to the Institut Pasteur.
Why mess up the process and risk other's well being? Look what happened in Thailand when folk broke protocol, the country shut down flights for the entire country! How selfish!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I'm currently in hotel quarantine awaiting test results... sitting out in the front porch drinking beers throughout the day watching passengers from my flight come and go from the hotel without a care in the world :angry: fucking idiots! The Ministry of Health should organise security for the authorised hotels, they have implemented a great system, however they have failed to implement any quarantine enforcement measures.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 pm I'm currently in hotel quarantine awaiting test results... sitting out in the front porch drinking beers throughout the day watching passengers from my flight come and go from the hotel without a care in the world :angry: fucking idiots! The Ministry of Health should organise security for the authorised hotels, they have implemented a great system, however they have failed to implement any quarantine enforcement measures.
congrats... how was your experience?? was it similar to @Doc67
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 pm I'm currently in hotel quarantine awaiting test results... sitting out in the front porch drinking beers throughout the day watching passengers from my flight come and go from the hotel without a care in the world :angry: fucking idiots! The Ministry of Health should organise security for the authorised hotels, they have implemented a great system, however they have failed to implement any quarantine enforcement measures.
Good luck with your test and the same for everyone else who was on your flight. At least you get beer. :beer2:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:I'm currently in hotel quarantine awaiting test results... sitting out in the front porch drinking beers throughout the day watching passengers from my flight come and go from the hotel without a care in the world :angry: fucking idiots! The Ministry of Health should organise security for the authorised hotels, they have implemented a great system, however they have failed to implement any quarantine enforcement measures.
Yeah I was told a week or two ago by an acquaintance that went through it that people could come and go as they pleased. You could easily just walk out the door if you wanted to, not just within the hotel. As usual, they kind of half-assed it or didn't think it through too much. For show is what comes to mind.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Rtrac »

What about caring about your community and your family? One would think that being allowed to visit Cambodia (we are not native Khmer with Cambodian passports after all), we should realize that we are guests in the country. It is generally recognized that we show extra respect that is due by following customs and laws. I would not be surprised that we of foreign origins will not be given the freedom to "come and go" and the Cambodian government will impose restrictions as a result. This lady sickens me. She and all like her who take for granted that she is permitted to visit Cambodia need a severe and swift wake up call!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic