RIP question

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

RIP question

Post by phuketrichard »

is there anyway i can OPT out of having my death reported here when i pass?

See no reason for people that dont know me, posting random comments on my death or how i died
for those that know me to see, if they do a duck duck go search
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: RIP question

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:55 pm is there anyway i can OPT out of having my death reported here when i pass?

See no reason for people that dont know me, posting random comments on my death or how i died
I'll second that...
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Same, please don't post any reports of my trip over the rainbow bridge on here when it happens, thanks.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

@PR If you don't get pushed off a balcony by a ladyboy while high on meth, slash your wrists in a public place while naked, or create some sort of drama, will the Thai press even report your death ? Serious question.
The Thai press seem (a little) more responsible and discreet than the Khmers. Say you die in bed at home of a heart attack or illness, unlike in Cambodia, the Thai press won't come and take photos of your remains and post them all over the local news, will they ? That is the impression I get anyway.
In that case, (if your death is not "newsworthy") then it will be up to your nearest and dearests to announce your departure to chosen friends and/or to make a public announcement of decease (without photos). Just tell your girlfriend what you want to happen when you die.
I'm sure that CEO would be fine with "RIP PR, longtime member of CEO, died whenever."

(Mind you, GM may already have your obituary ready to go. I couldn't say. :stir: )
Wishing you the best of health and a peaceful demise. AM.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:55 pm is there anyway i can OPT out of having my death reported here when i pass?

You'll be dead. You won't care.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

."....Just tell your girlfriend what you want to happen when you die....."
she already knows, a viking funeral, setting my body in a wooden longtail and casting it off into the sea on fire :-)

Namaste'
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

How idiotic a question.

OK, anyone who doesn't want the local news report of their death to be reported by CEOCambodiaNews just list your full name, date of birth, place of birth and ethnicity here and we'll create a database.

Anytime a death of a foreigner is reported in the local press, we'll cross reference the name with those listed in the database and then make sure the news is not posted.

Like most of us here even know who the fuck any of you are in real life.

Some of you have an inflated sense of your own importance.

You better also touch bases with Khmer440 PhuketRichard, they'd have a field day with you, I'm sure.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:04 pm ."....Just tell your girlfriend what you want to happen when you die....."
she already knows, a viking funeral, setting my body in a wooden longtail and casting it off into the sea on fire :-)

Namaste'
What a narcissist ! Who cares ?

I allready have the pics of my death . But only the good die young , i would guess you got a ways to go old man
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

And I am not frightened of dying
Any time will do, I don't mind
Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime

King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

You can relocate to a civilized country were the police doesn't leak your death pics to a press clown who is sharing it with the whole web.
But like another poster said - you will be dead, you won't care
Last edited by King Keil on Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic