RIP question

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: RIP question

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

I prefer nobody horrifies them they are all kind of delicate flowers
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

In the event of my demise.

1. I’m resolutely intent on outlasting most of whom I know. I rarely read much beyond the headlines. You’re safe...ish.

2. If I die in the course of my job, there’s a good chance 200+ bods in disposable paper suits and shoes Will spend considerable time sorting the small bag of squishy bits from the 30tonnes of aluminium and jet fuel, Only to determine that My last breakfast was likely disappointing before incinerating the rest.

I’ll have made the news. No doubt some 3rd rate journo will armchair quarterback events and conclude I was at fault and they would have done it better.

3. If nature gets me, as she’s been trying to do, then it’ll be a peaceful cremation, followed no doubt by 120db of bad karaoke for hours.
Some will involuntarily know of my passing without making my acquaintence. Apologies.

4. If the evil sisters(s)-in-law get me, it will be an unmarked grave, and few shall be the wiser. The kids may wonder what happened to the bloke what bought the ice creams....

I ask only this- in the future, Spare a brief moment to say ‘oh, bugger’ when you happen to tread on a snail, and I’ll not hold it against you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

dontbeasourlemon wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:55 pm I already told my family if I disappear or anything happens to me in Cambodia check here somebody will have a theory 😂
Good move. Your family will be instantly reassured by the all helpful posters here and their theories. :mrgreen:
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:47 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:09 pm
Lets say CEO and the General agree to these requests. How are you going to check if they honour the agreement ? :beer3: O:-) :OD:
[Mod edit: no need for name calling another member]

Yea, no way we could "check" as we are gone, but our family/friends remain to read the bullshit that someone, that never knew us, will post by searching for our names.

Its called the internet.

After 11k + posts on this forum alone you really should have worked this out by now.

The only 2 ways where your death wouldn't be commented on is if you had never posted or you never die. Too late on the posting, good luck outliving the rest of the forum.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:26 pm The Thai press seem (a little) more responsible and discreet than the Khmers. Say you die in bed at home of a heart attack or illness, unlike in Cambodia, the Thai press won't come and take photos of your remains and post them all over the local news, will they ? That is the impression I get anyway.
Yep, hence slim potential for any gory pics to end up in Darknet :stir:
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:01 pm
dontbeasourlemon wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:55 pm I already told my family if I disappear or anything happens to me in Cambodia check here somebody will have a theory 😂
Good move. Your family will be instantly reassured by the all helpful posters here and their theories. :mrgreen:
Thanks my ghost will be watching on the side frustratedly waiting for my murder to be solved and chewing on popcorn. While the forum devolves into some conspiracy fest of who dunnit and how 😂
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

dontbeasourlemon wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:06 pm]

Thanks my ghost will be watching on the side frustratedly waiting for my murder to be solved
My murder, ‘twer to happen might be called a service to society, could be entertainment far in excess of the event itself.

For those what partake- M*A*S*H, iron guts Kelly.
I say no more, save that the bar girls be selected carefully.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

dontbeasourlemon wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:06 pm
Thanks my ghost will be watching on the side frustratedly waiting for my murder to be solved and chewing on popcorn. While the forum devolves into some conspiracy fest of who dunnit and how 😂
That's ok. I can confidently predict that there's a 98% chance that the police will say that you died of a heart attack, so why not tell your loved ones that immediately so they have have time to prepare themselves. :popcorn: (Tell them to buy the popcorn and get some beers. )
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:37 pm
dontbeasourlemon wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:06 pm
That's ok. I can confidently predict that there's a 98% chance that the police will say that you died of a heart attack, so why not tell your loved ones that immediately so they have have time to prepare themselves. :popcorn: (Tell them to buy the popcorn and get some beers. )
A part of me believes that the Ice for the beer Is en-route, the pan for the popcorn is being prepped.

And that’s just the family in Europe!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:55 pm is there anyway i can OPT out of having my death reported here when i pass?

See no reason for people that dont know me, posting random comments on my death or how i died
for those that know me to see, if they do a duck duck go search
You'll end up rotting in a ditch with the rest of us when the time comes, I don't understand why you feel so precious. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic