RIP question

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: RIP question

Post by Duncan »

Brody wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:11 pm How idiotic a question.

OK, anyone who doesn't want the local news report of their death to be reported by CEOCambodiaNews just list your full name, date of birth, place of birth and ethnicity here and we'll create a database.

Anytime a death of a foreigner is reported in the local press, we'll cross reference the name with those listed in the database and then make sure the news is not posted.

Like most of us here even know who the fuck any of you are in real life.

Some of you have an inflated sense of your own importance.

You better also touch bases with Khmer440 PhuketRichard, they'd have a field day with you, I'm sure.
I think there should be a registration fee to put your name on that database. After all, someone has to pay for the booze at the piss-up.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:04 pm ."....Just tell your girlfriend what you want to happen when you die....."
she already knows, a viking funeral, setting my body in a wooden longtail and casting it off into the sea on fire :-)

Namaste'
While we still have our feet somewhat firmly upon this earth, we can think of such things that are a sure certainty of our lives, being the end of ones life. One can think about what we would want or wish when the time comes, and talk with the person nearest, who will hopeful be in a possition to carry out that of ones final plan. In this case write about their wishes of acceptable measures when the time comes. I would think more thought is on the subject has we grow older and the day then will seem closer.
This morning my partner was calling me has she was hanging out the laundry to dry in the back yard. Laying there motionless a kitten, has I am putting the lifeless animals body into a plastic bag, she is asking me, how and why it died, I replied that I couldn't really answer because there could be many reasons that ended its life, and that everything dies mostly without choice, cause and time.
Death, is a like I said at the beginning, that of a sure certainty to all that lives. Like in life we mostly have some control over the path we wish to be on, there, at times will be deviations of some kind, some good, some not so good, for in life we will all enjure its offerings. Death on the other hand, people have their own belief. To me, it's just the end of life, anything after that time, will be that of no concern to myself.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by STEVITO »

Do make sure the $1,500 cremation fee or equivalent in Thai Baht has been pre-paid...
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

Brody wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:11 pm

You better also touch bases with Khmer440 PhuketRichard, they'd have a field day with you, I'm sure.
Oh yeah. This place is the lest of your worries.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

i second that and hereby will ask CEO again but this time will attempt to make this formal. The last time this came up for me at least was when the man "Belgian Jack" died and he thread devolved quickly and i believe another regular poster (Brody? ..maybe him) asked the same as this OP here, Phuket Richard. Maybe we could pool up for a legal online plug in page here: opt in or out of death reports and comments, complete with drop down menus i.e.no death report at all, or obituary pre written/ or,approved by trustees /or, full on shit fest by strangers with no license to speak ill of those that have passed on.

No wants to die and hear the whining Samsaric (ftnote;1.)grind of possibly the least emotionally connected group of folks this side of Luckenback, Texas: the Phnom Penh Expat community of this era.

Seriously folks can we get a little software coding fund going here to get this automated? Maybe, a retiree coder can help? Upside for CEO is the liability release from the potential for defamation/slander charges from the deceased families and loved ones.

1. Samsaric, Or: Samsara, from Sanskrit usage as adject. here
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I am with you, PR
but as a hardcore realist i have resigned myself to accepting that Cambodia will be as caring about my dying wishes
-about as much as she cares about my hopes and dreams while i am stilll alive.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Brody wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:11 pm How idiotic a question.

OK, anyone who doesn't want the local news report of their death to be reported by CEOCambodiaNews just list your full name, date of birth, place of birth and ethnicity here and we'll create a database.

Anytime a death of a foreigner is reported in the local press, we'll cross reference the name with those listed in the database and then make sure the news is not posted.

Like most of us here even know who the fuck any of you are in real life.

Some of you have an inflated sense of your own importance.

Lets say CEO and the General agree to these requests. How are you going to check if they honour the agreement ? :beer3: O:-) :OD:
Andy S Tawatin
Expatriate

Post by Andy S Tawatin »

I can just imagine the headlines on Phucket's demise:

Man Who Lives in Thailand Doesn't Die in Cambodia

Sensational.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:09 pm
Lets say CEO and the General agree to these requests. How are you going to check if they honour the agreement ? :beer3: O:-) :OD:
[Mod edit: no need for name calling another member]

Yea, no way we could "check" as we are gone, but our family/friends remain to read the bullshit that someone, that never knew us, will post by searching for our names.

At some point common decency & trust must come into play

"Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws"
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

I already told my family if I disappear or anything happens to me in Cambodia check here somebody will have a theory 😂
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic