Tuk Tuk Racing

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Tuk Tuk Racing

Post by cambo swa »

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/17/spor ... index.html

Just like a normal day in KOW. PP to SHV in one hour?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Tuk Tuk Racing

Post by pczz »

Indian amateurs. Cambodians can get at lest 10 in a tuk tuk...
I think there is a charity race for foreigners across India. Used to cost about $3000 to tkae part
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

If racing was started in Cambodia, it would take off. It could be tuk tuks, or Honda Dreams, or those motorized fiberglass canoes, or bicycles. Cambodians would get involved. Others would love to watch it. Keep in mind, people would be killed and injured too.

Honda Dreams could be modified to go really fast. It could be like 125 cc racing in other countries. It would be ideal to have a race track. Eventually race tracks in various parts of the country.

In one place I stayed, the local boys used to drag race these fiberglass canoes. They were fairly evenly matched, as they used the same boats, and same motors.

I think most Cambodians don't know how to increase the performance of engines. If racing started, foreign mechanics would teach them.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

explorer wrote:If racing was started in Cambodia, it would take off. It could be tuk tuks, or Honda Dreams, or those motorized fiberglass canoes, or bicycles. Cambodians would get involved. Others would love to watch it. Keep in mind, people would be killed and injured too.

Honda Dreams could be modified to go really fast. It could be like 125 cc racing in other countries. It would be ideal to have a race track. Eventually race tracks in various parts of the country.

In one place I stayed, the local boys used to drag race these fiberglass canoes. They were fairly evenly matched, as they used the same boats, and same motors.

I think most Cambodians don't know how to increase the performance of engines. If racing started, foreign mechanics would teach them.
It's already started....kind of.....
Yamamoto Circuit out in Kampong Speu

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Traditional three wheel tuk tuks around a circiut, surrounded by steep stands.
Cage fighting rules, Ben Hur style.
It would be huuuuuge. The Olympuc Stadium finally fullfilled in all its Angkorian glory.

Lots of gladiators would die of course. every meeting.
But if we can monetorise it well enough, i sure we can overcome that here in Phnom Penh.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:51 am Traditional three wheel tuk tuks around a circiut, surrounded by steep stands.
Cage fighting rules, Ben Hur style.
It would be huuuuuge. The Olympuc Stadium finally fullfilled in all its Angkorian glory.

Lots of gladiators would die of course. every meeting.
But if we can monetorise it well enough, i sure we can overcome that here in Phnom Penh.

Hey, Let's learn to walk before we start running , and have cyclo races first.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Anything!! for a Saturday arvo
other than 3 NRL mismatches played before empty stadiums to a shit-bored and fed up TV audience.
The local offering here.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

explorer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:55 am If racing was started in Cambodia, it would take off.
It already has! Motorcycle enthusiasts to race at new stadiumFebruary 26, 2018
“Motorcycle racing in Cambodia has just begun, he said. “It is still a new thing in Cambodia and this adds to the difficulty in organising.” The first race was hosted in 2016 at Koh Pich, while last year’s race took place in Battambang. The Morodok Techo National Sport Complex, where the event will be hosted this year, is located on an 85-hectare site 15 kilometres north of central Phnom Penh.
explorer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:55 am Honda Dreams could be modified to go really fast. It could be like 125 cc racing in other countries. It would be ideal to have a race track. Eventually race tracks in various parts of the country.
But not with Honda dreams and with a front drum your biggest problem would be stopping it :D
explorer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:55 am I think most Cambodians don't know how to increase the performance of engines. If racing started, foreign mechanics would teach them.
There are a few reasonable mechanics but the problem is or should I say was getting the parts eg race heads, high lift cams and 125cc cylinders. KL Malaysia is one source of supply, including suspension and break mods. The mechanics don't need tuning/machining skills so much as long as they are a competent builder/assembler.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic