Do you have more sympathy for poor females?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Do you have more sympathy for poor females?

Post by Alex »

Makes no difference to me. Male or female, doesn't matter when I decide whom to help.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Its old people who are more likely to get sympathy/charity from me.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

khmerhamster wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:22 am Its old people who are more likely to get sympathy/charity from me.

Thank-you . I need lots and lots.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:33 am
khmerhamster wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:22 am Its old people who are more likely to get sympathy/charity from me.

Thank-you . I need lots and lots.
Hahaa i think alot of people here would greatly appreciate that!
In this kingdom of wonders where so many retirees!
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:34 am Austman - Rozzieoz says that she helps both men and women in need. Then you accuse her of being a ‘feminazi’ and one sided for helping everyone who is poor.

Then you post ‘boot’

Are you feeling OK?

YES ? Thanks for asking very kind of you.
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Of course, for females.
Because it’s biology and I am not gay.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

RE: rozzie's purported femine agenda that is untrue
yeah , i read her stuff and have not obs=erved any feminazism whatsoever in Rozzie s style- i m also happy a woman feels comfortable to write here. Maybe Austman is joking; the other day i was purely sarcastic to a quote she wrote about "murica on here re: American expats vs english or australian expats
:facepalm:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Fundamentally, I still find it odd that ‘help’ is so often associated (nearly exclusively) with giving money, when all too often money is just a short term fix of a symptom that will recur tomorrow, and the underlying cause needs a very different type of help, or at least some careful consideration.
Is that partly our (foreigners perception) fault? Quick fix, money for them, salve our conscience, job done?

That said-
I do give more money to women. Only if I know them, generally. There are a couple of matriarch characters who despite their years are actually caring for the various kids from the extended family, while the kids’ parents are off working. There’s no expectations, so it is freely given, and gratefully received.
Blokes get help generally in the form of me utilizing their services. Tuktuk, truck (put back in more gas than I may have used). I’m wary of putting money in the hands of someone who might simply drink it early, and forget to work for the rest of the day, creating another problem later.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

It doesn't matter whether you are male or female; the chances of you getting help from me that isn't mandated by tradition or regular etiquette are equally small.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

I guess I am also a sexist (already an ageist, some mightsay ra#$@t too) cuz i often look at men begging with unkind eyes, women in need are different- i give women 10 to 1 vs men
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic